• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Received 2 claims from Lowell Financial and Asset Collections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Received 2 claims from Lowell Financial and Asset Collections

Hi all,

I came back from a holiday to find that my brother had accepted a hand-delivered Form 3D "The Simple Procedure Timetable" and Form 6A "The Simple Procedure Notice of Claim" and a signed-for posted letter containing the same.

The hand delivered one was from Lowell Financial Ltd (represented by BW Legal Services and delivered by Hannah's Messengers at Arms) who have bought a debt from "Home Shopping" but I have no idea who "Home Shopping" are, I even googled them and I still have no idea who they are. I know it is very late in the day but how do I respond to this as the Form 3D states last date for response is 12th March 2018. It was accepted by my brother who was looking after my flat on Thursday 22nd February 2017.

Do I have a defence to this as I do not know who the original debt is with at all? Neither form is stamped by the Sheriff Clerk, there is no supporting documents attached to the forms but they do reference that a credit agreement could possibly be used as evidence.

The post delivered one was from Asset Collections & Investigations Ltd (represented by themselves and delivered by Walker Love Sheriff Officers) who have bought a debt from "Lending Stream LLC" comprising of three pay-day loans. They have attached print outs of credit agreements with the forms and the Form 3A bears a stamp from the Sheriff Clerk's Office.

Do I have a defence to this also?

If I do not have a defence to either then how would I fill out the Form 5A "Time to Pay Application"? After taking all my monthly bills and outgoings into consideration I truthfully have around £160 per month surplus from my salary. Is this the figure I should put in as my offer? It would leave me in trouble if I had to do another expense such as buying a tyre for my MOT, etc if I had to give it all. A car is required for my work as I need to travel to different building sites around the country, if I didn't have a car I wouldn't be able to stay in my job and would be forced into bankruptcy.

Thanks all for your time and consideration and I appreciate any and all help.

Thank you.
    Tags: None

Google has a list and took me to info:-

Home Shopping Simply be? etc

Home shopping TV channel!

have you used any of these?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
    X