• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Affects of untimely notification to change CCJ status - Unsatisfied to Satisfied

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affects of untimely notification to change CCJ status - Unsatisfied to Satisfied

Is there recourse for a situation where the claimant has failed to notify the courts that the debt has been paid off? The background is that I have been refused loans and its only recently that I tried to obtain a lease to rent a property when the letting agent provided details of a debt that stated that my CCJ was Unsatisfied. On the contrary, that debt was paid off in November 2016.

My feeling is that the Claimant caused me to suffer prejudice out of paying £76.50 for a credit referencing check that came back showing an Unsatisfied CCJ. On that basis, the letting agent could not lease the property to me. If the CCJ was showing the correct status, then the letting agent would have given me the lease to rent the property.

I got in touch with the Claimant and the status was changed in a few days time. When I advised the Claimant that I have suffered prejudice because of the delay, they initially responded by claiming that its the Defendant's responsibility to notify the courts when the debt has been paid off but on checking with CCBC, they wrote back saying the Claimant holds the record of the debt would naturally notify the courts immediately when the debt has been paid off.

That information caused the Claimant to change tune and say as far as they are concerned, the matter is closed. That response ignored pleas that highlighted the negative impact that their untimely response has had on. Never mind failure to obtain credit from lenders, I recently lost £76.50 for a credit referencing check that was conducted for a lease to rent a property. It is a loss in the sense that the money went in vain as I could not get the lease that I was interested in.

The Claimant's attitude has led me to this site where I'm now seeking advice for recourse to at least recover the £76.50.
    One might say its little money involved but the point is about principle and not about amount involved and so I'd appreciate any ideas, if at all, to send a message so that things can in future be done correctly to help a group of people who might be in a similar situations.

Opinion or guidance will be sincerely appreciated, thank you.
    Last edited by Siby; 27th February 2018, 11:13:AM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
X