• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help.... Court Claim from Arrow Global received!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help.... Court Claim from Arrow Global received!

Hi everyone, if someone could advise me on my next steps to take id be truly grateful

I have 2 debts that have been past to Arrow Global last year, a credit card and separate personal loan from HSBC

After following the advice on hear last year, I sent off my CCA requests for both debts that Arrow Global were referring to and enclosed 2 x £1 postal order.
    I also sent a SAR to HSBC and copies of the CCA to Reston's. All sent on 07/06/2017.

The debt that is the personal loan, they keep writing saying its an "Overdraft" which never was and I do believe was actually a personal loan ((£6900)

They sent a letter back to me on on 14/06/17 saying

"We thank you for your letter and acknowledge your request for documentation pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We do not accept that we are the creditor by the above statute.

This account arose under an overdraft facility. Even if this account was regulated under the CCA 1974, Part V of the act does not apply to this facility and there will be accordingly be no executed agreement .

In addition, we confirm
    . The account is in default
    . The total sum outstanding is £6931.43
    . The amounts which will become payable comprise interest and costs, depending what enforcement action is taken against you.

Please find your £1.00 Fee enclosed"

Today I have received the county court claim form with Arrow Global as the Claimant.

I really don't know what to do next.....

Any advice would be greatly received! Thank you!
    Tags: None

I've replied on your other thread here > http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...96#post1388796

Originally posted by Diana M View Post
    Have you received a response to your SAR to HSBC because that will hopefully tell you whether this was an overdraft or a loan or a combination of both?
    Originally posted by Diana M View Post

Now that you've received a county court claim you need to go online and tick the box which says you intend to defend all of the claim in the Acknowledgment of Service section.

Don't put anything in the "Defence" box at this stage which is an easy mistake to make.

Once you've done that you'll have 33 days from the claim Issue Date to file your Defence.

From what I can see you've already sent a s 77-79 CCA Request so don't send another one at this point.

Is the Claimant named as Arrow Global Ltd or Arrow Global (Guernsey) Ltd?

Di

Di

Comment

Thank you Di!!!!

Its Arrow Global Ltd. Im just going through my paperwork now as I do not remember having a reply from HSBC. Ok fab I shall go online and do as you've said.... Thank you again!

Comment

Ive just also just posted under "Arrow Global V loudog1" as I didn't realise that was the correct procedure here as I didn't read the first steps in my blind panic!

Comment

Originally posted by loudog1 View Post
          Thank you Di!!!!

Its Arrow Global Ltd. Im just going through my paperwork now as I do not remember having a reply from HSBC. Ok fab I shall go online and do as you've said.... Thank you again!

You previously posted that you sent your SAR to HSBC last June so hopefully they've responded by now!

Di

Comment

Hi Di,

Ok I've just found a letter from HSBC dated 12/06/2017 stating

"Thank you for the request for the provision of personal information which was received by HSBC on 12th June 2017.

Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with the request as there was no signature on the letter for us to verify your signature held in our records. Please visit a local HSBC brach with this letter, the enclosed form etc etc. Please ask the branch to forward the Data Subject Access Request form to our office once you have updated your records"

Note: I feel very stupid but I entirely forgot to do this. I suspect I've made this matter even worse for myself!

Comment

Originally posted by loudog1 View Post
              Hi Di,

Ok I've just found a letter from HSBC dated 12/06/2017 stating

"Thank you for the request for the provision of personal information which was received by HSBC on 12th June 2017.

Unfortunately, we are unable to proceed with the request as there was no signature on the letter for us to verify your signature held in our records. Please visit a local HSBC brach with this letter, the enclosed form etc etc. Please ask the branch to forward the Data Subject Access Request form to our office once you have updated your records"

Note: I feel very stupid but I entirely forgot to do this. I suspect I've made this matter even worse for myself!

No you haven't made matters worse. You've just got off to a slow start. I'm glad I flagged that up for you

Do as they ask and go into your local HSBC branch with some identity and then they'll process your SAR.

Di

Comment

Thank you Di, I really appreciate your help. I shall go there in the morning. How long do they have to reply with the relevant information?
                Is there anything else I need to be doing?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X