• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Charging order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging order

Hello

A creditor has a ccj against me for 12k. I live with my partner. I have no beneficial interest in the property nor am I on the title deeds etc .

The creditor claims they can still get a charging order by proving beneficial interest.

How can a creditor prove beneficial interest? I very much doubt this one can. Is the bar set quite high for this kind of proof ? I assume with out the charging order would fail ?

What proof would be allowed ?
    Tags: None

Anyone......?

Comment

Morning Cloudbase, Apologies your post got missed. If you are not named on the deeds of the property, then your creditor will be unable to get a Charging Order, or a restriction, placed on the property.

Have the creditor actually put in for an interim order since getting the CCJ ? Have they looked at any other enforcement options ?
      When did they get the CCJ ? and was it for payment forthwith or by installment ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks
        They are claiming i have a beneficial interest in the property which is quite different to being "the legal owner" i have read the quote below on the land registry website under their practice directions. How does a creditor prove beneficial interest?

The creditor has not put interim order yet.

I did however make a deed of gift which i believe negates any beneficial interest as a deed of gift is given with out retaining any interest in that gift, is this correct? the deed of gift was signed and witnessed by someone independent

3.3 Where the debtor is not the registered proprietor

Where the debtor against whom the charging order has been made is not the registered proprietor and it is claimed that a charge of the legal estate has arisen under sections 2(1)(b)(ii) or (iii) of the Charging Orders Act 1979, an application for entry of a notice in respect of the charging order should be accompanied by the evidence referred to in Where land is held by a trustee or trustees. The registrar will take into account any existing register entries, such as restrictions, in considering whether or not the evidence adequately shows that the debtor(s) is or are the only beneficiary or beneficiaries of the trust on which the land is held and whether or not the beneficial interest is unencumbered. Thus if there is an existing restriction in the register which refers to the beneficial interest of someone other than the debtor the evidence lodged should account for that beneficial interes

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
        See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
        X