• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Son falsely accused of shoplifting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Son falsely accused of shoplifting.

I think a complaint to the CEO of the company is needed the store will say sorry and forget it they might act .
    I agree about the false accusation.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      I think a complaint to the CEO of the company is needed the store will say sorry and forget it they might act .
      I agree with you, Wales. Any complain to the CEO needs to stress just how serious actions such as those in the OP's case can be, not only for customers, but the supermarket staff and operator also.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        Find the CEO at http://www.ceoemail.com

Comment

Thanks

Comment

You are most welcome.

However, I still feel that the most certain way to ensure that the store staff don't do this again would either be public exposure of the store in newspapers or on the television. or by seeking an account of damages from the store.

Comment

Yeah, it's not about money, it's a principle!

Comment

Originally posted by dangerousdave View Post
                Yeah, it's not about money, it's a principle!
                I agree. As Cloggy has alluded, next person they do that to may be a pensioner with a dicky heart who could drop dead in front of them from the psychological trauma of the out of control behaviour of the supermarket staff.

Getting the supermarket operator to accept their employees were in the wrong and to ensure there is no repetition, in writing, is an ideal resolution. Although there is no guarantee the supermarket operator will do so, they do need to ensure that it is made clear to ALL their employees that the sort of behaviour demonstrated in your son's case is unacceptable and can have serious consequences, not only for the supermarket operator, but the individual members of staff involved also.

You could suggest that a memo is sent round to all stores and that each and every member of staff, including managers, are given a copy. Naming the branch might set certain persons' backsides twitching.
                Last edited by bluebottle; 4th December 2013, 16:07:PM.

Comment

When my son was given a public dressing down by a Spa manageress for just standing in the shop amongst other school children, my wife decided to pay her a visit and give her a public dressing down in front of a busy shop counter.

Far more satisfying and productive than demanding a written apology from a faceless desk bod.

As for complaining on an Internet forum and asking for advice on what to do, sometimes I think people have got nothing better to do than make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey Drunk View Post
                    When my son was given a public dressing down by a Spa manageress for just standing in the shop amongst other school children, my wife decided to pay her a visit and give her a public dressing down in front of a busy shop counter.

Far more satisfying and productive than demanding a written apology from a faceless desk bod.

As for complaining on an Internet forum and asking for advice on what to do, sometimes I think people have got nothing better to do than make a mountain out of a mole hill.
                    Indeed.

The great thing about forums is that everyone is entitled to express an opinion. My opinion is that yours is as you describe above and I really can't see how you think it would help the OP.
                    But there we are.
                    Last edited by MissFM; 4th December 2013, 21:33:PM. Reason: added full stop

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey Drunk View Post

Sometimes, giving a retail manager a public dressing-down can be very effective. However, Spa stores tend to be small affairs, in which case, your wife's approach is, in all probability, the best way to deal with such incidents.

However, in the OP's case, the supermarket operator appears to be one of the larger operators and they tend to treat the law as an irritation or, worse, an inconvenience, there to be manipulated, ignored or they take the view, "We're **********, we're a big company, we can do what we like."

In the OP's case, there are a number of legal issues, including Unlawful Detention. The view that has to be taken is, "If they have done this to these kids, how many others have they done this to and how many others are they likely to do this to if they are not pulled up about it?"

Comment

Shall I name and shame the supermarket chain in question?

Comment

If you are happy to post it feel free. If we later receive a complaint from them or you ask for it to be removed we can deal with it appropriately.
                          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Having just had my internet restored after the bad weather, I resd this thread qith a feeling of detestation for the attitude of the staff, I wonder as the name of your son will be known to the store due to family involvement previously, whether :

a: They use RLP
                            b: Rlp will send a letter?

I feel that this needs more thasn an apology.

As to Monkey Drunk's position, it may have merit in different circumstances, but not in this case. If they roughly handled or otherwise physically touched/dragged or otherwise made contact with him,, there is the matter of assault to consider.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X