• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

RLP help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RLP help

Hi I'm in a predicament if being unsure in RLP do I respond pay or even contact .. Police were very much on my side and only gave a fine £80 purely to just put an end to primarks ridiculous holding techniques . Police said that's end if it go home .. And said they are so annoyed about the way stores behave and want to lock up everyone without even applying sense .. Yes I accidentally left store as I was in and out after my five yr old !! And I was all over the place then she saw daddy outside with our son in his wheelchair so I grabbed her hand and lex her directly to them (whilst still holding my unpaid shopping!!!! It took security a whole to come to me however I admitted I was wrong but would do it all over Agsin to ensure the welfare if my child ! They recovered all their merchandise I offered to pay for my shopping but wouldn't see sense or allow me too they even took my returned items off me .. That I had entered store with ! Which is visible on wheelchair on CCTV. But they couldn't u de stand why I would but over £200 in primark attire ! ? I was shopping for Xmas aswell x and £200 for ALL the items I had was good ! Now RLP demand £330 and also notified social services of my kids being present in my misconduct and they have sent me a letter saying just be careful and no action is going ahead from chikdtens services !!! This has really offended me as I live for my kids especially my disabled child x do I leave it at that £80 fine they gave to hubby aswell all in all £160 we paid ! But can't justify RLP or primark demands they have all clothing back as it was in shopping bag x

Comment

Originally posted by Candida Conlon View Post
      Hi I'm in a predicament if being unsure in RLP do I respond pay or even contact .. Police were very much on my side and only gave a fine £80 purely to just put an end to primarks ridiculous holding techniques . Police said that's end if it go home .. And said they are so annoyed about the way stores behave and want to lock up everyone without even applying sense .. Yes I accidentally left store as I was in and out after my five yr old !! And I was all over the place then she saw daddy outside with our son in his wheelchair so I grabbed her hand and lex her directly to them (whilst still holding my unpaid shopping!!!! It took security a whole to come to me however I admitted I was wrong but would do it all over Agsin to ensure the welfare if my child ! They recovered all their merchandise I offered to pay for my shopping but wouldn't see sense or allow me too they even took my returned items off me .. That I had entered store with ! Which is visible on wheelchair on CCTV. But they couldn't u de stand why I would but over £200 in primark attire ! ? I was shopping for Xmas aswell x and £200 for ALL the items I had was good ! Now RLP demand £330 and also notified social services of my kids being present in my misconduct and they have sent me a letter saying just be careful and no action is going ahead from chikdtens services !!! This has really offended me as I live for my kids especially my disabled child x do I leave it at that £80 fine they gave to hubby aswell all in all £160 we paid ! But can't justify RLP or primark demands they have all clothing back as it was in shopping bag x
      Hi Candida,

Just who was it who involved Social Services? Or did Primark/RLP threaten to get Social Services involved?

Also, I would be inclined to ask the police to explain their actions, which appear to be unjustified, and to cancel the £80 fine. It would appear there were no grounds for issuing it in the first place.

Once you have responded, it should be easier to point you in the right direction.

Bluebottle
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Looks likle the claim to have contacted SS for the children witnessing the Pri,mark muppetry could be a bargaining tool they are out of control and need another slap in court, as to the police fine what grounds did they say they were issuing it on?

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
          Looks like the claim to have contacted SS for the children witnessing the Pri,mark muppetry could be a bargaining tool they are out of control and need another slap in court, as to the police fine what grounds did they say they were issuing it on?
          Candida originally contacted me by PM, which lead to her posting on this thread, so that others could advise, too. The advice that is given is that she needs to speak to the police and have the FPN cancelled as it appears the police were not happy with the behaviour of Primark's security staff. If the police officer who attended had been firmer and threatened to lock up the Primark security goon(s), this incident may have been resolved.

The informing of Social Services by RLP is sinister and heralds a new depth to which RLP will go in their pursuit of profit. I have seen correspondence where they call themselves a "crime reduction initiative". RLP is not a crime reduction initiative as crime reduction initiatives do not resort to highly questionable actions in order to bring about a reduction in crime or which involve coercing people into paying sums of money a court of law has ruled neither RLP or their retail clients have a right or are entitled to demand.

Candida would be well-advised to speak to the police about having the FPN cancelled as there are clearly no grounds whatsoever for its issue, something alluded to her by the police officer who attended, who should have stood their ground and put Primark well and truly in their place. She then needs to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) about RLP informing Social Services and then a legal professional about suing both Primark and RLP for damages which, I have no doubt, will far exceed what RLP is demanding.

BB. I am sending you a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            The informing of Social Services by RLP is sinister
            And downright bizarre that the Social Services took any notice of it at all. I am sure that, if the facts had been presented clearly - that a mother had panicked upon apparently mislaying a child in a crowded store and on rushing outside to find the child, had forgotten she was carrying items that she had not yet bought - there would have been no need for the Social Services to write to her.

So, she needs to know from the Social Services what was said or written, by whom and to whom. Was it a telephone call or was it put down in writing? Ideally. she should obtain a witness statement from the busy-body-wallah at the Social Services whilst it still remains relatively fresh.

Various aspects of this case may make one wonder if the woodentop who attended had left his (few) brains at home that day:
            1. Both Candida and her husband were given a FPN by PC Plod; what was the husband supposed to have done?
            2. The store seems to have been allowed to retain items previously bought, which Candida had brought into the store to return.
            3. The items to be returned were, therefore, not the property of Primark and the woodentop seems to have assisted in their theft.

Comment

It would be the police who would raise concern with social services if they had any.

Social Services have to take any complaint seriously initially so they shouldn't be blamed for investigating.

RLP were not at the incident and threats of involving social services are solely to scare payment out of the parents.

Disgusting behaviour.

She then needs to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) about RLP informing Social Services and then a legal professional about suing both Primark and RLP for damages which, I have no doubt, will far exceed what RLP is demanding.
              Definately
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Now RLP demand £330 and also notified social services of my kids being present in my misconduct and they have sent me a letter saying just be careful and no action is going ahead from chikdtens services !!!
                Copies of these letters would be a good idea.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The plod needs a prod, definitely. The security goon needs reporting to the SIA, if they hold an SIA Licence, with regard as to whether their licence should be revoked. The security company that employs them should also be reported as what has happened may bring into question whether their SIA Approved Contractor status should be revoked. A legal professional can and should give the management of Primark and RLP some sleepless nights.
                  Last edited by bluebottle; 8th December 2013, 16:14:PM.

Comment

RLP plod and Pri,mark come out of this with no redeeming evidence whatsoever, all are equally culpable in a potential, and in the case of plod, inter alia their attendance a prima facie miscarriage or even a perversion of justice.

Comment

RLP, plod and Primark come out of this with no redeeming evidence whatsoever. All are equally culpable in a potential, and in the case of plod, inter alia their attendance a prima facie miscarriage or even a perversion of justice.
                      As the plod was a Woodentop, it's more likely to be a case of woodworm, dry rot or Dutch Elm Disease. :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                        As the plod was a Woodentop, it's more likely to be a case of woodworm, dry rot or Dutch Elm Disease. :grin:
                        Plod today has had discretion removed, and the mantra looks like it is "If in doubt issue FPN"

Comment

Plod today has had discretion removed, and the mantra looks like it is "If in doubt issue FPN"
                          If you read through Candida's initial post, BB, the plod issued the FPNs to get Candida and her OH out of a situation where Primark were demanding they were locked up. I have posted that Candida and her OH should approach the police about cancelling the FPNs as there are no grounds that I can see for issuing them. The local Superintendent or Area Commander (usually, a Chief Superintendent) needs to go along to the branch of Primark Candida and her OH had dealings with and give it to the manager in the neck or, better, send the security goon an invitation he/she cannot refuse to attend the police station for a "meaningful conversation" about their behaviour.

Comment

One thing I cannot quite understand is why anyone would wish to buy anything from Primark - the quality is mediocre and the prices are not the least expensive.

Can anyone explain why one might shop there?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X