• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Removal of price tag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Removal of price tag

This is the letter I got from RLP today

Comment

I don't know how they can say I "presented the headphones for payment at the lower price" when I took the price sticker off and asked them how much they were. It almost makes it sound as if I told them how much to charge me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        I don't know how they can say I "presented the headphones for payment at the lower price" when I took the price sticker off and asked them how much they were. It almost makes it sound as if I told them how much to charge me.
        I believe I may know how someone could say that.

That person would, however, have to be a liar.

Comment

It is being disingenuous at the very least. And it also shows a lack of understanding and knowledge of applicable legislation. In all instances cited in their letter, the onus is on RLP and their client to prove every one of the allegations and claims they have made. They have made allegations in the past which proved to be without foundation, only to make further allegations which both retailer and police have found to be without foundation.

The tone of RLP's letter is somewhat arrogant, but it also has an air of desperation about it. And in my experience, desperate people do silly things and make mistakes which eventually result in them coming unstuck.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I finally heard back from the procurator fiscal. My friend and I were both given warnings.
            It says that it will stay on file for 2 years. Although I noticed they got the month I was born wrong.
            My only real concern now is, my friend may be applying for a job working indirectly with children, and will need a police check by the company.
            Will this show up?
            I feel so bad, he didn't know that I'd taken the price sticker off, and he wasn't at the till when I asked them to check the price, the security guards accepted that he didn't know, yet the police decided he did.
            Thank you all for all the help and support you have shown me.
            Last edited by Bagpuss; 3rd April 2014, 22:04:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X