• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rlp letter received

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rlp letter received

Hi All.

I was summoned for shoplifting at PRIMARK on the 17th august 2024. The items worth £90. I feel extremely bad about it, but the items I took are for replacement of items that discoloured, so I took the discoloured items to the till , I told them the story that with in a week the colours has changed , it should be white but now they became yellowish , so they refused to refund/replace the items,

I was really upset that I had to take the matter in my own hands , so I went to take replacement and I walked out side primark , to my amazement 3 security guards came to ask me to join them in the security room ,no police was involved, but they took my details from my drivers licence .I’m sure all know that the security were so threatening, abusive, shouting and In one time she was shouting on the way to the office, she said loudly “ I’m getting fed up from people shoplifting in the shop floor”, anyway, no police involved and i was told to wait for RLP, I didn’t know what that means but when the letter came through in an envelope with a second class stamp 10 days later , I knew what it means ,

im so stressed that I could not sleep for few nights, I have never been involved in such thing before , the letter is threatening and asking me to pay £175 which is more than the price of the price of the items I took ,so I believe it’s not fair ,

I want kindly to ask few things

1-shall I ignore the letter or pay the outstanding amount ?

2-if I choose to ignore the letter, will I be receiving letters to ask for the outstanding amount? Will it be threatening?

3-i know that some companies choose to send the matter to debt collection agency??should I pay the amount then ? Is it going to be higher than the asking monies £175???

4- if I choose to ignore the debt collection agency,would they tamper with my credit score ?????so would that affect me taking a loan or mortgage??

I know you might answered few threads before ,but this is killing me literally

NB: the £175 claimed is for the security’s time to go through the cctv, interview me , intercept me and interview me,

Thank You in advance
    Tags: None

So just ignore RLP and any debt collectors they might instruct.
    They are completely toothless and cannot sue you (only Primark could do that and they won't), nor can they affect your credit record
    They will send you a few demands, but they can be ignored.

Imo they are vigilantes who set themselves up as an alternative justice system which has no legal basis whatever.
    Many years ago they advised a client (boots the chemist) to take two offenders to court, but lost heavily and haven't tried it since.
    They threaten in the hope that people will pay their unjust demands.

Just ignore them as the only document that needs a response is a court claim (and you won't see one of those)

Comment

Thank you very much
      so you suggest ignore all the correspondence from RLP letters and the debt collection letters ,? Is that what you suggest

Comment

It is what I would do.
        You have to make your own decision

Comment

Thank you
          I will ignore the letters , I hope nothing happens
          im scared to death since I have never ever done that
          i was upset that they refuse to take the faulty items back
          so hopefully after few letters from RLP they will not take legal action and becomes cri

Comment

Criminal matter

sorry I’ve sent it with out realising it’s not complete

Comment

No problems.
              Nothing will happen, but if in future you have problems with items that are not satisfactory, seek advice from Legal Beagles on how to go about obtaining replacements!

Comment

I really appreciate that

i will keep updating if I receive the second letter from RPL

Comment

Hi
                  it has been 21 days I think , I haven’t got any letters yet

do you think shall I contact them ,???

im sick worried about my credit score that I have been building for the last 15 years

Comment

RLP cannot affect your credit rating, so no worries on that score.

They don't rush with their letters.
                    They take their time probably because they realise it increases the stress level on their victims, who may then be more inclined to pay up.

Cease worrying, and keep on ignoring them

Comment

Hi there I did the same thing about 2 days ago I definitely won't be doing it again it was my first time , have they come back to ur with more claims / did u pay the fine ? I'm 18 and I don't have any money to pay a fine like that I'm scared shirtless of going to court or jail do I also ignore them or do I pay it , if I don't pay it will I go to jail?

Comment

Werp Welcome,as you have started your own thread no need to post on others..it is just confusing

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                        Working...
                        X