• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

shoplift

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shoplift

Hi im just looking for some advice

I shoplifted from primark and there’s no police and they will sent a letter do i just ignore the letter and dont pay the fine?
    Tags: None

they just ask my address name and my contact no.
    and also they said the primark will sent a letter for about 2weeks that im band to the shop and letter for fine do i just ignore it?

Comment

Yes, just ignore

Comment

and they said they will report this to the police and they will record this so if i do it again they will arrested me,so my problem i have record now and they will sent me a letter probably fine do i just ignore it and don’t pay for it yeah?but if i pay the fine there’s s no more letter will be sent to me?

Comment

and if i don’t pay the fine it will get high
          and the lady said about the court?is it true if i just ignore the letter?

Comment

and they said they will report this to the police and they will record this so if i do it again they will arrested me,so my problem i have record now and they will sent me a letter probably fine do i just ignore it and don’t pay for it yeah?but if i pay the fine there’s s no more letter will be sent to me?and if i don’t pay the fine it will get high
            and the lady said about the court?is it true if i just ignore the letter?

@DES8

Comment

Why don't you post a concise summary?

that's what most people do, then you can be advised on the matter,

What they send is a speculative invoice, without a breakdown of their costs. Any costs are built into their business model.
              You will get approx 3 letters, each will be more desperate, There is no loss of stock, you need to ignore, update the thread
              if they send anything meaningful.Carry on with your day to day life.

Comment

i just wanna ask if i dont pay the fine do they gonna bring me to the court?

Comment

Never known it to happen for years, 'cos if they go to court they lose.

Comment

so i need to pay the fine?tho the letter is not here yet they will sent it probably 2weeks

Comment

Why pay it?
                      It is not a fine but a speculative invoice for made up "costs" by a firm that regards itself as judge, jury and executioner.
                      Little better than vigilantes hiding behind a legalese veneer.
                      Ignore them.

Comment

i don’t know the exact what the lady told me about the court i just remember if i dont pay the fine they will sent it to the court

Comment

No they won't
                          That is a threat they often use to scare their victims into paying their demands

Comment

thank you so much!, I’ll update once i receive the letter
                            @DES8

Comment

if i got banned in primark can i still shop in different shopping brands?and different locations?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X