• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ford ecoboost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford ecoboost

Good evening I stupidly bought a ford ecosport(ecoboom) car as they are called in February last year due to having a disc operation at the time I also stupidly didn't go to view the car before purchase and trusted them to find my a road worthy vehicle that I was to set up finance for, not long after purchase I found I was topping up the coolant more often but didn't think much about it, fast forward 9 months on the M1 peak traffic coolant light bam!! The engine slowed almost immediately from 70mph to a mere 20mph I saw my life flash before my eyes and folk were honking at me angrily, the garage I purchased it from were the RAC dragged it to did a half hearted emissions test engine was gone,I then had it transported to a ford dealership where it sat for months ford rejected anything to do with it even though this is a notorious fault with these cars and thousands are affected the USA are taking out huge lawsuits,the financial ombudsman are virtually saying it's wear and tear and will do nothing unless I can prove without a shadow of a doubt that fault was there from the get go on point of sale not even the best mechanic would be able to say that as the engine turbo and cat converter were destroyed all at once and the finance team don't care it's now gone back on a voluntary hand back while I still have to pay for something I no longer have while ford just don't care it's not their problem you bought the car,I thought the ombudsman would help but it just seems they are all in bed together the dvsa don't see a safety issue
    Tags: None

Hi Corrine

Welcome to LB

How did you pay for it?

Could you write a chronology of events with dates?

Comment

Are you aware of full stops to make individual sentences? That wall of text is almost impossible to understand.

There appears to be somewhere in all this a a claim against the seller.
      Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Ford ecoboost engines have suffered common problems over the years, such as splitting coolant pipe, engine overheating that has led to car fires and have carried out recalls.
        Ford claim they have only been unable to contact about 5% of customers. It may be the case that Ford was unable to contact the previous owner of your car

Please google the subject and read the article at autocar.co.uk. Ford are compensating some customers.
        I believe your claim is against Ford for the manufacture of a car with defective engine parts.
        You should write to the managing director at Ford UK head office and make a complaint stating what happened and how you were put in danger on the motorway when the engine management system automatically reduced the power to save the engine from overheating

If the financial ombudsman has been involved you must have raised a complaint with the finance company. They know very little about car engines and were wrong to argue it was fair wear and tear.

Ford should have been aware when you became the new owner of one of their used cars and contacted you to arrange the modification work to the engine

Last edited by Pezza54; 2nd March 2024, 10:07:AM.

Comment

Have you got legal expenses cover on your car insurance? Check your policy.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X