• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Please

I made a huge mistake and walked out of a clothes shop without paying for an item.

I was stopped by a security guard who took me to a back room and told me that he wasn’t going to call the police or mall security but would instead issue me with a ban from that particular shop.

He made me fill in my details (name, address and DOB) although I was so frightened I think I may have written these wrong. I then signed the form and left.

He and the store manager said great was the end but I have been reading on here about civil recovery letters and feeling really scared.
    Tags: None

*said that was the end

Comment

So if you get letter demanding money to cover losses then just ignore them. There has been no loss. There are sample letters in this forum.

Comment

Could they issue a CCJ (or make a claim for one) if I don’t pay?

Comment

They can't issue a ccj, only a court can do that. One firm, RLP, persuaded their client to raise a claim but got so knocked back by the judge they haven't tried since.

The only thing they could claim for is loss, and there has been no loss so noting to claim for.

Look around this site for the oxford case

Comment

Thank you very much, OSTELL. I really appreciate your advice.

I am so panicked and worried.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X