• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stupidly stole from M&S-don’t know what I was thinking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidly stole from M&S-don’t know what I was thinking

Hello. I done know where to start. I am so upset and only myself to blame. I have done something really really stupid. I don't know why I did it. I attempted to steal Xmas chocolates (WTAF!) from M&S and they stopped me leaving the store. They asked did I know why I had been stopped. I said yes and they took me to the back room. They asked me to remove unpaid me for items and then checked my bag. They then explained I would get a letter from civil recovery partner and be banned from M&S (as well as online shopping). They took my photo, name address and DOB. They Followed me to my car, took a pic and said my car reg would be circulated to other shopping centres and would be picked up by automatic cameras and I may be asked to leave shopping centres.

i have no idea why I did what I did. I have never done anything like this before. It’s not as if I cannot afford what I took. I don’t even like what I took. I am so stressed out with work, my anxiety is through the roof (on medication) and the threat of having to homeschool kids again if there is further lockdown is pushing me over the edge.

I will pay the DWF letter-I have no excuse and deserve to. I am just terrified This will go further. I asked at the time if this was criminal and they said no, it’s a small amount and they are too busy to wait for police. One of the guys who followed me back to car was very nice and said this is a wake up call. If I pay the charge will this really be it? My career would be over with a criminal charge as registration would be revoked by fitness to practice panel.

Dows anyone have any advice? I am sick with worry. I am I. Scotland if that makes a difference.
    Tags: None

Do not pay DWF. M&S have lost nothing, they got their goods back and the security people were doing what they were paid to do. Just file the letters no matter how much red ink they have on them but ignore.

If you search on this forum you will get a list of the letters you will receive.

Here's a summary of what happened to another civil recovery company when they took it to court (and got trounced)

https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...h-and-the-lies

Comment

Thank you. Does it not get escalated to a criminal matter if it is not paid?

im also worried about my photograph being up in the shop. I don’t know anyone who works there, but what if the photo gets shared with other stores? It’s a fairly local out of town shopping centre and I know a person who works in the boots next door (I have never done this before so I haven’t taken anything from boots or any other store there).

also he mentioned my car reg would be recognised at other shopping centre car parks and I may be asked to leave. Is this true? If it is, I can’t argue as what I did was wrong, but what if hubby is using the car to go to shopping centre? Would he get approached too?!

Comment

Why would it be a criminal matter if you didn't pay something that is a scam? If the police were not involved at the time then they will not want to know.

The photo would stay with security, publishing it could give them serious problems.

ANPR parking systems are not setup to identify a specific number, they have enough trouble with getting parking correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Canitryst View Post
          Thank you. Does it not get escalated to a criminal matter if it is not paid? Nope!

im also worried about my photograph being up in the shop. I don’t know anyone who works there, but what if the photo gets shared with other stores? It’s a fairly local out of town shopping centre and I know a person who works in the boots next door (I have never done this before so I haven’t taken anything from boots or any other store there).Photo won't be shared and probably not even posted on a board that anyone looks at

also he mentioned my car reg would be recognised at other shopping centre car parks and I may be asked to leave. Is this true? If it is, I can’t argue as what I did was wrong, but what if hubby is using the car to go to shopping centre? Would he get approached too?! Most unlikely. Just think of the number of shopping centres there are, and how many millions of times cars enter. Pure scare tactics
          Responses in red

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X