• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Accidentally shoplifting worried sick. Debenhams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidentally shoplifting worried sick. Debenhams

Today in debenhams I was shopping hunting through sale etc and was carrying a pile of clothes and also some makeup.
    i was also carrying a basket and handbag. I dropped some of the items on the floor and picked them up when deciding what to buy I put the makeup back and paid for the clothes.
    left the store and was shocked beyond belief when a man said I had stolen two items.
    i was so shocked I started to wet myself, o have a growth on my ovary and awaiting testing but I have many symptoms pain, bloating etc so I assume it was because of that. I asked the women and man if I could go to the toilet as I was actually wetting myself. I was completely ignored
    when I was taken to the room they searched my bags, and removed a perfume and lipstick, I then looked in my bag and also found a foundation and have them that.
    i was shaking and shocked,they treat me like a piece of dirt. Ordering me to sit down, I asked again if possible to go to toilet accompanied she said 'no way, sit down' he then said o was a professional shoplifter and very clever in the way I steal. I am a 40 year old respectable women, I work in child protection a very responsible job.

i was shaking and holding back tears while they discussed me as if I was not there, a security guard came and made me sign something I don't know what, then the police turned up and I said I don't think I am guilty it was non intentionally done. They asked the man he went on to state I was like a professional Theif, I was mortified beyond belief and uncontrollably shaking.
    The police said I will need to attend an interview and then court, and CCTV will be looked at.
    she then said with the other just own up, be honest and this will be easier. I said nothing as I felt they were mocking me and I was very confused as to what the actual situation was And were I stood, I have been banned also from all shopping centers many about 14 of them. My family cannot find out so I'm thinking to not plead not guilty and then just take the blame to make this easier but then I will be a criminal and what will happen when they do a Dbs check I'll never struck off.

Thank you for your help

Tags: None

The way you were treated was completely reprehensible, whether or not your actions were intentional.

When you attend for your police interview, take a solicitor.
    If you do not have your own, ask for the duty solicitor to attend.
    This is free, and is your right to protect your interest.
    Do not be fooled if anyone says you don't need a solicitor.

You mention family, whether this is a partner or just extended family you don't say.
    I can only advise that you will probably be better off confiding in your nearest and dearest.
    Hopefully they will support you what is going to be a stressful time, which might go on for sometime.

Good luck

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X