• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Another RPL scared

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another RPL scared

RLP shoplifting at TK Max

Hello everyone
    I have read a few treads before posting but I would like to check according to my situation.
    I have been caught shoplifting a £19 pounds make up item at tkmax.

Security stopped me at the entrance and took me into a room with 2 men and one lady. They said they recorded me shoplifting and asked me if I admitted it. I said yes.
    They asked me an identification and took my details and address. I offered to pay the item and they refused. They said that it was an offence and I could get arrested for that, so I thought the police would be coming.
    They asked me to sign an admission of guilt which I did. I asked to see the cctv record and they denied it. They said they are not authorised to do that.
    They said I would get a letter with a fine.
    My questions are:
    Should I just ignore the letters or write back asking to send me the cctv recording? I have seen a treat where it is advised to reply about their procedure being unlawful and data protection. Should I do this?
    Could you confirm that this will not appear in any database, or affect my records in the future? Bank, mortgage,etc
    Finally, I am European, I have been in the UK for 8 years and have no Criminal records. Can this affect my future permanent residence ?
    I know it's wrong and I am not trying to excuse myself, but I would like to get some advice as I am quite worried at the moment.
    Very Many thanks for your help.
    thank you for not being judgamental
    Tags: None

As with all the other threads on the same subject just ignore. You will get a stream of letters with big red writing in them but just ignore. There is, on this site, a collection of the RLP letters you can expect.

There was no police therefore there can be no court and therefore no criminal record of it. If your personal data is released elsewhere then they themselves could be in trouble.

JUST DON'T DO IT AGAIN

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X