• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Miss Sold An Online Course

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miss Sold An Online Course

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    I would give TIGA a call and ask them about this

As TIGA official annoucements did not refer to continuing certification for course commenced pre Feb 2015.

I've just asked them on Twitter but could be a bit hit or miss if they reply on there. https://twitter.com/tigamovement
    Did they ever come back to you on Twitter, or did you find out any more?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
      Fourth and sixth paragraph of letter in post 22 refer to your letter in post 9.
      Should have said points 1& 2
      I spoke with the consumer section of the citizen advise.
      they told me I need to double check my Ts & Cs with a legal person to see if there not covering them.
      Also with CDF basically saying they aren't liable as my complaint is with T2G, I am sure this isn't correct as surely they have some sort of compliance/check they do for courses they fund to be above board etc.
      should I carry on contacting them both as I chase this issue?

Comment

I would expect the Contract with the finance company only concerns the money you have no doubt and should be clear in the contract that you have asked them to pay for your course direct to the course provider,
        A nice way to get money from you

Comment

Not sure what it said on the contract for CDF.
          So you would say there's no point chasing them any further?

Comment

Chase them up, and write them, a letter, saying that, they have 14 day's to issue you a refund, contact the, financial ombudsman service, and trading standard's then take them, to the small claim's court's.
            Last edited by Kati; 4th September 2016, 13:23:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig1 View Post
              So what's my next move and how do I do it?
              Citizen consumer helpline said I need to sit down and go through the Ts&Cs with a legal professional and see if they are in breach of them. If there is anything mentioned about video/webinar learning (even though it does in there books).

Could someone on here help me go through the Ts&Cs???
              Do you have a copy of T&Cs you can post up?

Comment

The term's and condition's were, sent to yourself, when you signed up, to the course. Contact Train2Game, and get your terms and condition's. What you can get them in trouble for is.
                Last edited by EXC; 5th September 2016, 04:50:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
                  The term's and condition's were, sent to yourself, when you signed up, to the course. Contact Train2Game, and get your terms and condition's. What you can get them in trouble for is.
                  i have their Ts and Cs on the back of some documents. What should I be looking for?
                  Last edited by EXC; 5th September 2016, 04:51:AM.

Comment

Post them up here, and we'll check them, take care.

Comment

Ok will do it tomorrow.

Comment

**EDIT moved this post http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...019#post676019 thank you **

me and my boyfriend are in the same boat. mind if I join you on this post?

we joined in august 2013, we have all the paper work and e-mails given to us over the years. I paid £4960 for the artist and animator course and my boyfriend paid £3100 for the QA tester course. we were told it would be a 36 month course, but last year we were offered version 3 on the website and everyone seemed to be joining it. it was just a button saying 'join version 3' we were expecting the same amount of time to complete it, as we had to start from the beginning again. we tried to login to our student servers on 17th august this year and we were blocked out. we contacted train2 game and they sent us a letter saying the course had ended and they would not support us anymore.

we have contacted consumer advice and they are looking into it. I have given them their address, which they asked for. should I mention CDF to them also? they asked me to check if train2game is a member of alternative dispute resolution scheme (ADR), to which T2G has replied they are not.

consumer advice have told me:

'Before taking any further steps we would suggest that you check to see if this company is a member of alternative dispute resolution scheme (ADR), If they are, we would advise to follow the process in place for this particular scheme. To find out if the trader is a member or not, we would advise to check their website or alternatively ask them directly.

The ADR scheme can be used as an alternative to taking a trader to court and they are in place to help with negotiations between yourself and the trader.
                        Please be aware the traders are not legally obliged to have to use the scheme, and they don’t have to be a member of a scheme, however if they are a member of a scheme they are obliged to have to disclose this information.

If the trader is not a member of any ADR scheme, then we would advise to take a more formal approach and address them in writing. We would suggest obtaining proof of sending the letter/email and keeping a copy of any contact – this may help you prove that you have contacted the trader and tried to resolve the matter amicably.

We would advise you outline any relevant events regarding this issue and make it clear what you expect from the trader and why. It should also give the trader a reasonable time to resolve the matter.'

what should my next move be? should I do a similar letter to Craig1 and send it to both train2game and CDF or just train2game?

edit:

forgot to mention we read into the old forum post, which was found via google, which mentions CDF and skillstrain are all linked together, they even had the same address at one time. I have watched the video linked here http://www.collativelearning.com/SKI...%20REFUND.html but as it's quite old now i'm not sure how much is still valid, apart from TIGA and City and Guilds being involved in some parts.

if you want any letters posted up, we can do that. I feel our signed guarantee letter could be crucial.
                        Last edited by labradorpup2001; 9th September 2016, 16:55:PM.

Comment

It's a good, website to get the template, off Train2Game is not worth, doing a course with, get your money back through, the small claim's, court's. Also contact trading standard's and the cab take care.

Comment

I took my advice from consumer citizens advice and told me to send letter to CDF and T2G.
                            as they are both providing a terrible service.

Comment

They wont give, you a refund, i'm just waiting when, my small claim's court date, is as it has now been sent to the court's.

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
                                Post them up here, and we'll check them, take care.
                                i have added the T's&C's + other bits from all the literatia they give you when you sign up.
                                The green Ts and Cs is CDF
                                the White Ts and Cs is T2G
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	1171956Click image for larger version

Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	1171957Click image for larger version

Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1171958Click image for larger version

Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	1171959Click image for larger version

Views:	2
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1171960
                                More to come

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X