• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed

Last September I made an appointment via Facebook for my carpets to be cleaned in November.

However due to complete human error I got my weeks mixed up and forgot all about it. They messaged me to say they arrived at my property but no one answered. I was mortified and I apologised explained what I had done. Now instead of being professional and give me a chance to re book which is what I wanted they told me to expect an invoice through the post for the full balance.

Not at any time did I sign a contract have any terms and conditions which stated such . I checked there website and have saved copies of it to show that no such terms where ever there.

I told them I would not be paying any balance and I wasn't aware of any such terms n surely if this was the case you would take a deposit in which they didn't either.

Needless to say things got nasty from there end I recieved threats pathetic sly personal digs and threatened again with court action.

I thought zero of it and my husband n I went away over Xmas n new year. Came home to court papers...

I responded as soon as I could but how the small claims court work is I only have so many days to respond n I was too late n got my response sent back in the post..I called to explain I responded as soon as I could. However my only option was to pay £125 to ask a judge ti re open the case. The cleaning of the carpets was £70. It seemed stupid n I had a CCJ on my file which I was furious about as my credit is spotless. The stress and hassle of it all I just paid the fee to get it sorted n I would let reputational damage do the rest as I wouldn't be shy in telling people and reviewing online the worst service I have ever had in regards to a company.

This I did and got lots of people shocked by how unprofessional etc this company are and since iv had the company back on Facebook sending me threatening messages such as I better be careful expect more court letters etc etc.

I have called the police and I am completely in my rights to post where ever I want n tell whom ever I want my experiences.

But going back to it I find it completely unfair how iv been basically pushed into a corner bullied and threatened by someone that never provided me a service and iv had to pay to get a CCJ removed of my file because we decided to go away when the courts sent me the judgement letters .

Where can I go from here ???
    Tags: None

Re: Help needed

Are the carpet cleaning company threatening you with action for defamation ( libel / slander etc ) regarding your postings about them?

We'll need to have an idea of what you are writing to know if they have a case... and there could be a case for harrassment from both sides by the sounds of it so far.

Presumably you are keeping copies of everything ( everything you post, everything they post and send to you ? ) If not DO.

Can you post up their terms too pls.

The court claim is done and dusted - annoying/frustrating but unfortunately a court claim has quite strict time periods. I wonder if you'd posted on FB that you were going on holiday over Christmas and the Carpet Company saw that and took advantage in knowing you were away.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I don't think they really know what they are threatening me with to be honest. Words where if they loose business because of it I will loose more.

What I wrote above is exactly what I have posted against them.

I have kept everything. Every message and a copy of there website which has no terms and conditions on it ...

That is unfortunate and very annoying but again I wouldn't put it passed them.

Comment

Do you want to post a couple of examples of what they are saying to you ?

What outcome do you want?

Also could you give me a link to their website ( PM [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] is probably best if they have their claws out ).
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X