• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re-conditioned Engine Scam

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re-conditioned Engine Scam

Unfortunately, I can relate to much of the content of this thread. Last month I was also the victim of this long running engine fraud. Much of it can be traced from various websites, eg www.ukenginesupplies.co.uk, www.ukenginesales.co.uk, www.ukenginecentre.co.uk, and maybe others, which are registered against a company Total Engine Replacement Ltd which is registered at Companies House (No 09460350). Typing these domain names into, eg, www.whois.net and checking company registration document will verify this and give ownership details.

I have provided information to Action Fraud, BBC Watchdog and made a complaint to Companies House. Like many other victims, I feel that the police response has been slow and disappointing, with many victims reporting that they have had no response from Action Fraud in several months. It seems to me that that there is enough evidence out there to bring the culprits to book.

Comment

Ok just had a phone call from uk engine supplies saying the engine will be sent out today! I said no I want my money back as I have bought another engine. He said that somebody in the shop had been stealing money and put three different guys on the phone to see if i could recognise the voice and said if I give him my bank details he will refund me the money. What should I do?

Comment

[QUOTE=douglake;623098]Ok just had a phone call from uk engine supplies saying the engine will be sent out today! I said no I want my money back as I have bought another engine. He said that somebody in the shop had been stealing money and put three different guys on the phone to see if i could recognise the voice and said if I give him my bank details he will refund me the money. What should I do?

I would say no harm in providing your bank details, ie name, sort code and account number, but to be honest I doubt if you will get your money back. May be just a stalling tactic.

Comment

I have just been onto the fraud squad again and they said in no way give them any bank details.

Comment

Agreed, give them nothing, if they want to refund you then they already have the details of where payment was made from.
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Last month I was also the victim of this long running engine fraud (£900). Unfortunately, the fraudster is continuing
              to operate and is sometimes making contact with victims after they have submitted engine requests through agency websites
              such as 247 Spares( www.247spares.co.uk), 1st Choice Spares UK Ltd ( https://www.1stchoice.co.uk/ ), among perhaps others.
              If you have have been appraoched by the fraudster after going through any of these sites, and haven't already done it, I
              recommend that you make a strong complaint to them.

There are a number of victim weblinks reporting on this fraud. For the purpose of pulling them together I list the ones
              that I have found below. If anybody knows of any others please append them on

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/02034440091 (this link).

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/02034440091
              http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/02034440109
              http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/02034440329
              http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=448631
              http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...itioned+Engine

The following is a list of companies / websites used by the fraudster. Again if anyone can add to this list, please append.

Total Engine Replacement Ltd
              Autowise Service Solutions Ltd

Countrywide Engine Supplies ( countrywideenginesupplies.co.uk )
              Nationwide Engine Supplies ( nationwideenginesupplies.co.uk )
              UK Engine Supplies ( www.ukenginesupplies.co.uk )
              UK Engine Sales ( www.ukenginesales.co.uk )
              UK Engine Centre ( www.ukenginecentre.co.uk )
              UK Engine Medics ( www.ukenginemedics.co.uk )

Below are names and telephone numbers used by the fraudster that I have come across. Again please append any others
              that you know of.

Philip Evans
              Jonathan Evans
              Jonathan King
              Jonathan Mercer
              Dave Richard Ali

Comment

Hi All, Thank you for putting this thread together, it has helped me a lot, albeit too late.

I'm embarrassed to admit that i have also been a victim of this scam.

I was looking for an engine for my car and went to a couple of websites like www.247spares.co.uk & www.1stchoice.co.uk and received a call from Universal Engine Supplies. After speaking on the phone they sent me an email with multiple quotes, just like the one @douglake posted on page 2.
                A week later i decided i wanted to go ahead with one of the engine and i called them back. The names i recall from the phone calls are Rhyss/Reiss and Ryan, and i have an email from Grant Tucknell.

Long story short, i was sent an invoice in the amount of £1200 with Halifax bank details (11-02-70 / 01281357).
                I last spoke to "Grant" on the phone on Friday 04/03, and was told that if payment is received before 4pm then the engine would be delivered Monday 07/03. If payment was made after 6pm, then the engine would be delivered Wednesday 08/03 or Thursday 09/03, but they would confirm this later.

I sent the payment at approx 6:30pm 04/03 and sent them an email requesting receipt of payment.
                I have since sent 4 emails with no response, and neither of their numbers are connecting ("Sorry, this mailbox is full")

I have reported this to my bank (Natwest) scam/fraud team, and have also contacted Watchdog.
                I will contact the police and ActionFraud tomorrow.

I sincerely hope that this post/thread helps other people not get caught up in this mess.

For clarity and search purposes, below are all the details i have.

Company Name:
                Universal Engine Supplies
                (trading name of Ryte Track LTD)

Registered Address:
                67 Wellington Road, North Stockport, Cheshire, Stockport, SK4 2LP

Trading Address:
                Unit K, Mint Business Park, 41 Butchers Road, London, E16 1PW

Landline - 0203 444 0144
                Mobile - 07451426927

Invoice Ref - 002839

www.universalenginesupplies.co.uk universalenginesupplies@gmail.com

HALIFAX
                Sort Code 11-02-70
                Account no. 01281357

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X