• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Internet sale - 2 weeks later saying they got the price wrong and is more expensive?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet sale - 2 weeks later saying they got the price wrong and is more expensive?

I bought a bbq module that on the web site clearly stated in included the in built bbq, side burner and doors as well as the module unit that it all fits in.
    I called twice to check with the store and its manager that it included everything as per the web site. the manager called me and told mehe had checked and it did include the in built bbq, side burner and doors as well as the unit as per the web site . He told me to buy it straight away as the price would change the next day. I bought it and gave him my cc details on the phoe straight away and had email confirmation of payment straight afterwards. I emailed straight away and confirmed in writing again that the order included everything.
    2 weeks later the manager called me as delivery had been already been arranged and dropped into conversation 'sorry I have bad news' I got it wrong and that the order only consisted of the unit but not the actual in built bbq, burner or doors?

What are my rights , how can he now say it will cost me an additional £1200 for items I had been assured were already included when I bought it!

I called to check that everything was included in good faith originally and was told in no uncertain times that all the items were included. I have a screen shot of the website at the time I bought it which also clearly shows and states under production description that everything is included as al the items were listed under product description? ( they have changed the website now)

Thank you for the help
    Last edited by circleimc; 5th May 2015, 15:30:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Internet sale - 2 weeks later saying they got the price wrong and is more expens

You get back to them and ask for your money back as the goods were not as described and tell them to take it back before delivery. You can refuse delivery if it eventually arrives. Very sensible of you to take a screen shot of the web page, keep it safe.

If no immediate response, or a refusal, take it up with your credit card company to get the money back. Any further contact with them by email.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X