• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

warranties 2000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• warranties 2000

Morning beagles,

I would like advice regarding an issue I have with a motor warranty company, Warranties 2000.

Back in May last year I bought a car at a local dealership which had a 12month warranty included. At the point of sale I opted to pay an additional £249 and extend the warranty to 36months. The car was bought for my partner to learn to drive in, and she passed her test in November and got a Mini for work meaning this car I bought was my transport and wasn't really my kind of thing. So, in March this year I contacted the warranty company to ask what would happen with the warranty if I sold the car. They advised the warranty would remain with the vehicle provided it was a private sale. No further terms were stated and so the sale proceeded. I emailed the warranty company for a transfer form and sent their £35 administration fee over and thought that was that.
    Then a few days later I got an email from the buyer saying the warranty transfer had been declined and they couldn't/wouldn't give a reason why. I emailed them myself and just got the same response. They said their terms and conditions stated the warranty transfer was dependant on administrator approval, and it hadn't been given. I wasn't allowed to appeal or contact the administrator or even get a reason as to why. So now I've paid £249 for an additional 2years warranty that cannot be used. However the garage put the warranty onto the total cost that was financed so I don't know if I could go to the finance company and complain? Or the original garage? I should add at no point did I receive a booklet of their terms and conditions and had contacted them for one, which didn't materialise.

Can I do a SAR and get the reason for their refusal to transfer the warranty that way?
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Last edited by j4mes; 22nd April 2015, 07:10:AM.
    Tags: None

Re: warranties 2000

Good morning,

I think the warranty company has made their position quite clear, " administrator approval " was needed prior
    to the warranty being passed to a new owner.

Check your agreement for the warranty, my guess is that this is part of the terms and conditions.

nem

Comment

Nem,

Until the point where the car had sold that fact wasn't mentioned and as said I at no point received their terms and conditions so couldn't have known. There was a number of emails discussing the transfer between myself and the warranty company and at no time was anything mentioned regarding administrator approval. But the most annoying part is the lack of reason why.

Comment

Maybe they don't have to give reasons get the warranty paperwork and read itit may be easy to understand or its a Solicitor

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X