• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Endowment Policy - Can it be split 50/50 with my ex-partner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endowment Policy - Can it be split 50/50 with my ex-partner?

Hi All,

I purchased a property with my ex-partner in 1992 and we took out a joint endowment life policy to cover the mortgage.

The relationship was very firery and I left after 2 or so years.

The property was in a sad state when we purchased it and I spent a great deal of sweat and money renovating the house. it was then sold by my ex-partner a year after I left for £30,000 more than we paid. I received no money whatsoever from the profit made.

After I left the endowment premiums were paid solely by my ex-partner. I have been in contact with the company who the endowment is with and asked that at maturity can it be split 50/50 meaning that each party receives around £20,000 each.

My question is how do I stand here, am I entitled to my 50% of the policy or is it that I receive nothing at all?

Many thanks Simon
    Tags: None

Re: Endowment Policy - Can it be split 50/50 with my ex-partner?

If you are both named on the policy as individual beneficiary then it should be a 50-50 split.
    You contributed to the payments you should have no problem providing the policy has not
    been amended.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X