• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cargo Not Delivered - what are my rights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cargo Not Delivered - what are my rights?

I hope I'm posting this in the correct thread. My Mum used a local cargo company in West London to ship clothing to her extended family in India. She paid money (in cash) to use it's "Fast track" service and was promised it would be delivered within 2 weeks. She has a receipt for this. The price negotiated was based on the weight of the cargo.

SIX months later, the cargo is still yet to arrive at it's destination! The owner of this cargo company kept fobbing my Mum off saying there were some delays in transport and the package was now being held at a depot in India. When pursued for the location of this depot or whether he could provide proof of where the package was, he refused to answer.

The Cargo company has a shop front in Southall, Middlesex but the premises now has it's shutters down. There are many other angry customers regularly outside the premises asking for the owner and asking for their cargo or money back - so it looks like we're not the only ones in this situation.

We have a mobile number for the owner of this cargo company and usually he is unreachable or unwilling to respond to our calls/texts/whatsapp enquiries.

Last week however, he has got back in touch with my Mum asking for another £150 to ensure the cargo FINALLY gets delivered. When my Mum asked why she was being pursued for more money, the owner responded "because your goods are worth more!" Shocking.

We managed to contact the landlord of the building and he believes nothing has actually shipped. He said the owner was in desperate need of money and used the original funds to pay for something else. He now needs more funds to actually ship the goods! Whether this is true or not remains to be seen. Either way, it shouldn't be our issue.

The company is called JP Cargo UK and has a website here: http://www.jpcargo.co.uk/

My Mum is so worried she has lost both her money and the goods, especially now the shutters are down on the shop front. The only real lead we have is the mobile number for the owner. We obviously don't wan't to part with more money, especially since our original contract has not been honoured!

What can we do to try and get our goods and/or money back? My Mum is already suffering from depression and is losing sleep night after night over this. She cannot fathom how anyone could get away with taking both her goods and her money...

Re: Cargo Not Delivered - what are my rights?

do not give any more money to them
    this company no longer exist

Company name
    Jp Cargo & Courier Limited
    Company number07608285
    Company typePrivate limited with share capital

Incorporation date18 Apr 2011

Dissolution Date:
    08 Apr 2014

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//compdetails
    Don't let them grind you down

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X