• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CEX Online Sales/Terms/Returns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEX Online Sales/Terms/Returns

Over the last month or so, I've had a pretty terrible experience with CEX. If you want to skip the next few paragraphs and get to their questionable terms, scroll down until you see the bold quoted text.

I purchased a camera lens from them partly in vouchers and partly by paypal. When it arrived, it was missing parts, so I asked if I could be sent them or given a partial refund to the value of those parts. Initially they refused, asking me to send it back for a refund and then to repurchase one of the others they had in stock in the hope that one of those would have all the parts included, but eventually they agreed to send me replacement parts. And sent me the wrong parts. This took a month. At this point I decided to send the lens back for a refund, along with another lens I had just purchased from them, and had been sent the wrong one...

So I sent them back, by recorded delivery. It took them 5 days after they received them to notice that I had sent 2 lenses back, despite having been told this, and the parcel being clearly labelled, and they didn't refund me until I mentioned legalbeagles on twitter. Unfortunately, nearly 2 weeks later, they have still not refunded my return postage.

Because I had originally paid partly in vouchers, part of my refund was in vouchers, which I used as soon as I got them refunded. And guess what they sent me? Another incorrect lens. So. Another return. They've had that a few days, but wont update me, and have stopped answering emails.

Oh, and there's no telephone contact for them.

The saga continues.

Now, where their terms come into question.

A phrase they used a couple of times in their emails with me is "I am afraid we do not guarantee the version, condition, accessories, settings or the accurate configuration of online purchases." Which seems... odd.. Then looking through terms on their website [MENTION=14041]legalbeagles[/MENTION] pointed out that they say "Please note, however, that all product descriptions and images are for display purposes only and do not represent the finished product." Which again strikes me as somewhat strange...

As far as I can tell from the other people having problems with returns with CEX (and there are quite a few), their default position with missing parts/incorrect items/faulty items is rather than to replace, to ask the buy to return and then re-purchase the thing you wanted. Obviously, the problem there is that given they can take two weeks and more to refund, the chances of them still having stock are vanishingly small, and the chances of that stock being what you wanted is pretty small, too...
    [MENTION=14041]legalbeagles[/MENTION] over on twitter suggested I start a thread here, so here I am.

Re: CEX Online Sales/Terms/Returns

Hi fwestivus - good to see you on here, sorry for missing your post yesterday xx Just bumping so I can look back in a little while ref those terms xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi, just a couple of questions.

Where did the vouchers come from originally?

Are you waiting for a monetary refund, if so is it through Paypal or did you pay by some other means?
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

The vouchers were from a trade in - They gave a ridiculously good price for one of my cameras.
        I finally got the refund, but the lens is now out of stock, so I'm stuck with some vouchers that are more or less useless. I'll not be using them online because of their dodgy terms, terrible customer service and the way that they have handled things.
        The postage refund is... somewhere. I'm told it'll be by cheque, but no idea when it'll come.
        So whilst my issues are more or less resolved, it still leaves their odd looking terms, and a whole host of unhappy people over on twitter - seriously, do a search for @cex mentions and you'll find a lot of people waiting ages for any response at all, weeks for returns to even be acknowledged and longer for refunds... incorrect items being set etc etc etc... You get the idea.

Comment

Yes I've seen lots of the Twitter comments, terrible customer service.

Is there no way you can cash in the vouchers or sell them elsewhere.
          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I guess I could try selling them, but I'd be taking a loss. I'll just have to wait for them to have stuff in stock in a store - I'm not risking online with them.

They still haven't refunded my return postage. They said (in an email) it had been sent on the 24th, but their twitter team has now twice confirmed that they haven't sent it yet. I don't know who's telling the porkies, but I'm not happy.

On the plus side, I did manage to spend some of the vouchers in store a couple of days ago - I saw a lens that was pretty underpriced, asked at the till if that was the correct price, was told that it was, so jumped on it.

I've just had a phone call from the manager telling me that I should return it as a 'gesture of moral goodwill' for a refund because the staff that mispriced it will be charged the difference.

Amazing how quickly they can act when it's their pockets that are feeling the pinch!

Comment

Return it I would say to the Manager just 2 words Guess which ones

Comment

would it be the answer given in Arkel Vs Pressdram?

Comment

This is my new favourite response to almost everything. Thank you!

Comment

Still no refund...
                    It's getting rather silly now.
                    Had an email on Friday telling me that "A manager in wecare has been trying to contact you." and they had "tried contacting you at some point every day".
                    They hadn't. At all.
                    They then blamed this on having the wrong number for me on the system.
                    Which is odd, given that it's the same number the Uxbridge store used to call me at the beginning of that week.
                    Anyway. I said I could make myself available for a call, waited 2 and a half hours and didn't get a call.
                    And now radio silence from them. The joy.

Comment

Have you made a formal written complaint yet ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Yep, popped it off on Monday. Goodness knows what'll happen. Probably nothing. Again...

Comment

Someone called Rob from CEX called me up (finally) in the afternoon yesterday and asked me to give them my paypal details because they are having trouble issuing cheques. When I told him that I'd already given them my paypal details, and they also already had them, as I'd paid using paypal before, he asked for me to send an invoice over. I told him I'd already done this. He asked me to do it again because he doesn't have time to read through emails to find it.
                          On the plus side, he assured me it would be sorted out immediately. So I sent it all over.
                          No reply. No payment.
                          Eurgh.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X