• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

My car sold by garage without my consent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My car sold by garage without my consent

My understanding (and this could be wrong) that if two people claim the car at magistrate's court, the case is moved to county court at police cost.

As she apparently has no good title to the goods, isn't it sweet of her to want only £1000 for it and to compromise on a storage charge of approx £3500, seeing she shouldn't have had the car in the first place.
    If it goes to county court it will only be to determine ownership.
    IMO the question of whether storage has to be paid for is a separate matter

Comment

Hi all;

Sorry I never got back to you before about this but I've had my IVA to deal with (which I might ask questions about).

The lady who claimed ownership of the car gave up once she realised the police we're going to do a court case - I got the feeling they didn't want the aggro - so I paid a local recovery guy to bring the car back and now it's in the car park. Sadly it was missing a few bits (but not expensive bits) to start it up but the bodywork is solid, could do with a bit of a t-cut though! Thanks for all your help on this one

Timbo

Comment

thanks for the update .... worked out for you in the end:tongue2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X