• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Premier Inn online booking cock up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premier Inn online booking cock up

This is a two part story to let you know about my problem.
    Last August I made an online booking for staying at the NEC hotel over the weekend of the MODA ladies fashion weekend.
    This is a weekend where they always take the 9iss by slapping on excessive room costs as they know it'll be busy.
    I saw the price for my required nights stay which was unusually low for the circumstances described above. I double checked as a result of the low price, made sure all the booking details were correct and pressed the button to confirm the booking.

Saved a whack. Until I got to the hotel. They had me booked for the previous weekend which was a lot less expensive. I had no way of disproving them so I just had to pay up, but I knew I made the right choice. My wife was none too happy with me.

Anyway, forgot about it but it's happened again.
    I knew I was exhibiting at MODA this coming weekend starting on Sat 21st and I needed three nights accommodation for two rooms.
    I looked at prices in December and got another good deal. I was wary already of such deals over a busy weekend, especially after the last fiasco so treble checked the details. 3 nights, two rooms and total cost of £308. All fine.

As this booking was well in advance I presumed the price was one of the special offers the group put out occasionally.
    SO..............

On Saturday gone, ie a week early I got an email from them telling me that I could book in from 14.00 on Sunday 8th. What?
    Wrong weekend again. To complicate matters even further they had me down for two nights rather than the 3 I had booked.

So I checked my emails. The original booking details which they sent me, but which I had never bothered to read since I knew I had done everything correctly by very careful scrutiny at the time of booking, showed the actual booking for the 3 nights, however the wrong weekend, ie the earlier weekend.

This is a real mess. I contacted them on Sunday and they changed my booking to the correct days and sent me confirmation but at a cost of nearly £1000. They said a manager would get back to me about the problem but so far no-one has. I have tried calling them on all 3 known numbers but the phones are constantly engaged.

Now, I'm really 9issed off with this situation. At the time of booking, I gave the right details, they gave me the cost and I accepted it. Surely that concludes the contract. If they subsequently cock up the details they should be made to uphold the accepted contract.

What I need to know is how best to make sure I don't get hit by this extremely inflated charge from the one I accepted.
    Proof exists by way of email that they have the number of nights stay wrong from my booking confirmation. It doesn't show the requested dates though but the fact that the number of nights has a clear discrepancy must come to my aid if needed. Their online booking system MUST be faulty.

Lenny Henry will not be amused.

What do you reckon guys. I'm staying there anyway but don't want to pay the extra. I'd probably have looked at other hotels if I had known the price they are now saying I must pay.
    Last edited by Lynnzer; 9th February 2015, 11:40:AM.

Re: Premier Inn online booking cock up

have found premier inn terrible in the past they change things round and do not seem to communicate effectively i d take things further impossible to book a room for their advertised low charge

Comment

Re: Premier Inn online booking cock up

Surely you get email confirmation of such bookings ?

Just print them off or screen grab and print the booking confirmation.

You should be able to reclaim the extra payments by showing the confirmations and the paid invoice to their Customer Services.
      They were out to get me!! But now it's too late!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X