• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wedding band issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wedding band issue

Hi All,

hoping you can help, I just want to know where we stand with the following;

i am getting married in May and my fiancé and I emailed a tribute band asking if he was available to play our wedding. He said the date he had was available and that he would play our wedding for &"£650. His message said he would be in contact for further information. He hadn't contacted us after he said he would and we left it for a month and decided that Since this his time we have had some financial troubles and we cannot afford his fee and messaged him politely to say that we were no longer able to have him due to the fact we couldn't afford it. This was today. He is now using emotional blackmail saying he needs the money for the gig to pay for his vets bills and that he is entitled to pursue this further for breach of contract. As a professional we were waiting for him to confirm a deposit and recieved nothing. Please can someone tell me if he is within his right? I am shocked as I don't need this already worried about money and now the possibility of having him force money from us. This is my wedding and I can't believe this is happening.

Thank you in advance

Re: Wedding band issue

Hi and welcome.
    Congratulations on your forth coming nuptials

I wouldn't worry too much about his threats.
    Had you confirmed the booking?
    In any event I don't believe he could try court until after the wedding date, and he would have to show he had attempted to limit his losses. If his band is any good he should be able to arrange another booking by May.
    His threat is just that ...... presumably you would not be paying him until after the wedding so is his vet waiting until May for payment?
    You could write explaining that the booking had not been confirmed, there was no contract and you were cancelling a provisional arrangement. This will depend on what exactly passed between you.

Comment

Re: Wedding band issue

No deposit has been paid ?
      Is there any " contract " with terms and conditions signed?
      In my opinion cancellation 6 months prior to the function is
      very reasonable and If a deposit has been paid it should be
      returned.
      I doubt any claim he may make would not have merit in court.

The vets bill ploy seems very fishy to me, is he anticipating having
      a vets bill in May 2015.

Welcome to LB.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X