• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Supermarket failed to issue refund

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermarket failed to issue refund

I had a problem with an online order which never arrived and was meant to be refunded but never was.

Assuming it had been done I never bothered to check for it and it wasn't until I ending up going randomly back through my transactions some time after, that I had realized what had happened.

After some delay the store have agreed to refund but it's going to take up to 10 days...I have no idea why it would take that long and am thinking to contacting them back to query this.

I'm slightly irritated, were this an error on my part, even something as simple as being a day out of the returns period for whatever reason, I would be penalized.

I feel I've been inconvenienced for their incompetence, can I not demand my money back sooner (I could actually really do with it right now) or anything else?

Thanks in advance,
    Tags: None

Re: Supermarket failed to issue refund

Originally posted by Veer View Post
    I had a problem with an online order which never arrived and was meant to be refunded but never was.

Assuming it had been done I never bothered to check for it and it wasn't until I ending up going randomly back through my transactions some time after, that I had realized what had happened.

After some delay the store have agreed to refund but it's going to take up to 10 days...I have no idea why it would take that long and am thinking to contacting them back to query this.

I'm slightly irritated, were this an error on my part, even something as simple as being a day out of the returns period for whatever reason, I would be penalized.

I feel I've been inconvenienced for their incompetence, can I not demand my money back sooner (I could actually really do with it right now) or anything else?

Thanks in advance,
    As fairly common and standard response I'm afraid. a lot depends I understand on the method od payment and the number of
    "hoops" the refund has to go through to reach your account.

Comment

UK Retailers are getting on the bandwagon that other trades, professions and industries are now on and that is to force the customer to wait for anything and everything. I am no lawyer but I would imagine that if you have a right to a refund you do not have the right to have it immediately. If you could demand that things happened immediately with retailers than we would surely have the right to demand that they happened immediately with solicitors, councils and the NHS for example. That is the society we live in for we are the queuing and waiting capital of the world.

Comment

Nothing is new.
        When I worked for a large international insurance brokers in the sixties I discovered that when payment of a claim was authorised the system was deliberately designed so that it was ten days later that a cheque was actually posted.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X