• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dell taking money without consent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you emailed him? Whats going on? he's been on the phone since I got in and am dying to know what happened ( if anything?)
    When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Hopefully be sorted by Monday.

It is people like you two that restore my faith in human nature, to go out of your way to help someone you don't really know, thank you both so much, I hope one day I can return the favour

xx

Comment

Hiya Ian,

Glad its getting sorted out for you

I had a similar thing happen to me with comet. They set up a DD on a account I had with the ABBEY that I was unaware of. I only used this account for cashing cheques and had my child tax credit paid into. I was like a birthday, xmas savings thing. I bought a telly one xmas and went to paid for it with this account card, and they offered and convinced me to open up a comet account. ( I know better now). They must have used this card to obtain details and set up a DD. I have the credit agreement with the details printed on the account no sortcode etc.

Top and bottom of it is, no money in account bank charges took my child tax credit as charges, letter threatening court action. blah blah.

Now reclaiming back bank charges and return of unauthorised DD and so it goes on and on.

Comment

Thanks Hell,

This is how it starts isn't it, a mistake by a company on a dd and all of a sudden you're overdrawn with no chance of recovery?

Luckily my son is much more sensible than me so not too much damage done!!!

Hope yours gets sorted soon.

Comment

Originally posted by iancognito View Post
            Hopefully be sorted by Monday.

It is people like you two that restore my faith in human nature, to go out of your way to help someone you don't really know, thank you both so much, I hope one day I can return the favour

xx
            No bother, Im just pleased its getting sorted!

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Jan, what was the outcome just out of interest...did it get sorted?
              Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas
              DAY 114: 03/01 Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70
              59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80
              179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs
              254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Comment

I would like to know too, I am away for a long weekend so if theyve not done anything we can not get on to their case till Monday.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Nothing yet I'm afraid, he did say he was going to phone them today but has he??? he'll do it 'later'!

Comment

Quick update,

He phoned Dell today - they're still waiting for the finance company to come back to them and will ring when they know further.

Comment

Received a third new Direct Debit form from CIT (Dell Financial Services) today, nothing else from Dell, at a guess I'd say we've got to be pretty close to a letter saying they're passing the debt to a DCA.

Think I'll send a CCA request, seems to be the only way to make them realise they haven't actually got an agreement, or shall we just wait until they take us to court??

Efficiency at its worst.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X