• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Paypal scandalous behaviour

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paypal scandalous behaviour

Briefly, I set up a Paypal account to take payments for a new venture I am starting. I already have 2 other Paypal accounts which have been running satisfactory for many years.
    Yesterday I took my 1st payment into the new account but it immediately attracted a 28 day withdrawal delay as the account has no prior history.

This poses me with a problem. The customer in this 1st payment, has an option of a refund within 7 days for any reason whatever. I know from past experience that due to the bought item being a ladies outfit, it will have at least a 50% chance of being returned as most women tend to think they're at least 2 sizes less than they really are. At least that's my perception. If it does get returned i will be unable to refund until the payment delay is exceeded which is very poor. I always make a prompt refund from both the other accounts.

Knowing that my past history with the other accounts may well sway them into withdrawing the payment delay I have tried contacting them. The initial contact was by email from account giving them the full details. I got back a 6 digit number by return and a telephone number to call them on which just doesn't work.

I tried other numbers, although deliberately kept off any 0870 or similar ones. Others were either defunct or within the USA.
    Finally I found one in London which started with an 020 number.
    I called this. I was asked for the 6 digit number I had been sent, so they know that the intial freephone number given by email must be wrong at least. I was then taken through a series of questions which frankly wasn't nt much help. Finally I was put on hold until "the considerable delay times we are suffering at present" could allow me to speak with someone.
    Then the line went, well.... not dead exactly but no sound at all for 10 minutes then some light burbling musac which kept fading right out.
    Altogether I ws on the phone for over 30 minutes and still had no idea whether I was ever going to speak with a service representative. So I hung up.

Now, this is all so bloody frustrating. Emails don't work. If I want to complain to customer services by email they tell me it'll take (I think) at least 28 days to get a response.
    The phone number given as the point of contact doesn't work and the one I eventually found seems to be a blind alley where you just get stuffed in a room to listen to inane music.

Now, given the length of time and the completely unnecessary stress involved in even getting this far and still nowhere near to having my issue addressed, do you think it would be any good making a small claim's court action for payment of some kind for the hassle of it. as well as the call costs?

It's time these companies are brought to task.

On another issue, is there any other company such as Paypal which offers similar services, ie the making of payments from a website using buttons created from my account.
    Tags: None

Re: Paypal scandalous behaviour

Think this is standard in their terms and Conditions for new accounts

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      Think this is standard in their terms and Conditions for new accounts
      I appreciate that, however the potential of having the delay removed due to the ongoing satisfactory accounts is one which seems impossible to surmount due to the non accessibility of anyone to speak with, even on an advised telephone number.

It isn't the unreasonable delay I'm complaining about. It's their inaccessible customer services and the huge frustration of trying to get to speak with someone. The costs involved and the inability to progress anything with them is surely worthy of some sort of action.

Comment

When we have had dealings with Paypal its always been by email like Ebay I think its near impossible to speak to someone

Comment

Paypal have a dreadful reputation for customer service sadly. If you have a serious, trading business, the lack of customer support can easily be fatal to a business.

Alternatives include:

http://www.sagepay.co.uk
          http://business.worldpay.com
          http://www.streamline.com/online-payments
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I believe you can still do a refund in the 28 days

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X