• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Activision and infinity ward bans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activision and infinity ward bans

Hello all,

i have signed up on these forums with the hope to gain clarification and posibly a solution to this problem.

Now as it may seem minor to a lot of people, the games publishers,makers and producers of the latest game title'call of duty Ghosts' have to it upon themselves to perminently ban myself from playing the game online, as per there policy they do not review or remove such bans ever.

these bans are given out to players who have ilegal copies of the game or have modified game files in order to gain an advantage by increasing stats or hacking.
    http://support.activision.com/articl...ode-of-Conduct

I have adhered to this policy and yet find myself labelled as a cheat although i have done nothing to cause this.
    contacting them by phone, email and online chat sessions they refuse or cannot help as they cannot do anything, some cases of reversing bans have occured yet they refuse to review.
    many other people have shared this unfair treatment given out by the creators of this game with no further help at all.
    as i and many others have payed around £80 for the game including add on packs we are left with a lot of useless software.
    an explanation why they do this is not offered and never will be.
    as i know this is a mistake and i should not have been banned, they have done this for the wrong reasons yet wont do anything ro resolve it.
    they do not even offer a way of communication to there 'security team'.

its petty and the ban isnt the big part of this problem, its the fact they refuse to help resolve it after i and many others have lined there pockets with our money.

emails sent direct have not yet been replied to, only messages sent to helpdesk staff and they say sorry its final.
    surely an explanation why they have done this should be given ?
    a petition on change.org has thousands of signitures so i know many others feel the same.
    what can be done ?
    Tags: None

Re: Activision and infinity ward bans

I suggest they MUST explain why they have banned you, failing which you should advise them that you intend to seek legal advice as to THEIR breach of contract.

When you purchased their product you entered into an ongoing contract which they appear to have broken. Certainly without telling you their reasons they have.

Comment

As they are based in Santa Monica, California legal action might be problematic

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
        As they are based in Santa Monica, California legal action might be problematic
        In fact that might be helpful. An application can be applied for in the UK & permission to serve out of jurisdiction obtained. Its also might be possible to engage a local Californian Lawyer on a contingency basis to issue a claim in the Santa Monica Court

Comment

for £80?

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            for £80?
            Therein lies the problem, and I suspect they know it. There would have to be sufficient people in the relevant jurisdiction to make it worthwhile. £80 would buy how much of a lawyers time? 30 minutes maybe?

The 'intimacy' of the world is an increasingly global thing -ie- we play games from a different jurisdiction in our living room; we surf sites from different jurisdictions in our houses etc.... so although easily available at home, we are being governed by an enitirely different legal system much of the time. Taking action is simply not feasible much of the time, even, say to put in a simple complaint against a website. They won't listen to any action outside their jurisdiction which is not viable for most of us.

This issue really should be addressed at some stage. We are getting as far as Europe for some things and look at the issues being thrown up there. Try rolling it out even to a friendly neighbour such as the US and I suspect there'd be immense problems.

Comment

The reason that they will not lift the ban, is because of the amount of illegal copies out there on the web and on Boot Sales/Markets.
              I was banned myself once, and no matter how many emails I sent, it made no difference.
              Illegal games, films, music and applications are so easy to get hold of.
              Virgin Media and Sky have court orders, banning them from allowing their customers to access sites like, Kickass Torrents and Piratebay. Well what a waste of time that is.........
              You can access any site, at any time. You just need to know how.
              Microsoft Windows 8 Pro costs you £150.00 from Amazon..... A download from Piratebay costs you nothing....
              It's why they will never stop piracy.
              For every obstacle that is put there to try to stop it, a dozen counter measures are soon put together by these sites.
              I really don't see how the OP is going to get any joy..........
              Call Of Duty 'Ghosts' is a very popular game and there must be many pirated copies in use today.
              I once asked a 'hacker', "Why do you do hack these games, put them on the web, and get no money out of it"?
              He replied, "Because I can". There was no answer to that...
              It's the people that download them, and then make thousands of copies, that make a fortune.
              “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Cant you spoof your cridentials. What fo they think you did wrong
                crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

There is a way you can still go online..........
                  First set up an email account with Yahoo or similar client.
                  Use a fictitious name.
                  Then go to the following site http://www.easy-hide-ip.com/download
                  Download and install easy-hide IP.
                  Purchase a yearly licence (currently about £18.00)
                  Start the program off and it will hide your IP address and give you a fake one in Germany, Spain, Holland, UK or others.
                  minimise the program by clicking on the minus button, top right hand.
                  Then register Call Of Duty as per normal, using the fake ID, and the new email account
                  Once that is done and accepted, away you go............
                  Play online from your fake IP address.
                  “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by Johnboy007 View Post
                    The reason that they will not lift the ban, is because of the amount of illegal copies out there on the web and on Boot Sales/Markets.
                    I was banned myself once, and no matter how many emails I sent, it made no difference.
                    Illegal games, films, music and applications are so easy to get hold of.
                    Virgin Media and Sky have court orders, banning them from allowing their customers to access sites like, Kickass Torrents and Piratebay. Well what a waste of time that is.........
                    You can access any site, at any time. You just need to know how.
                    Microsoft Windows 8 Pro costs you £150.00 from Amazon..... A download from Piratebay costs you nothing....
                    It's why they will never stop piracy.
                    For every obstacle that is put there to try to stop it, a dozen counter measures are soon put together by these sites.
                    I really don't see how the OP is going to get any joy..........
                    Call Of Duty 'Ghosts' is a very popular game and there must be many pirated copies in use today.
                    I once asked a 'hacker', "Why do you do hack these games, put them on the web, and get no money out of it"?
                    He replied, "Because I can". There was no answer to that...
                    It's the people that download them, and then make thousands of copies, that make a fortune.
                    Just for the record i dont use pirated stuff

Comment

Thet dont say they just ban, wont tell me.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X