• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

What to do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do

Hi, my first post, im stuck on how to proceed.

The long story short, I was suppose to receive money held by my dad when I turned 18. When I was 19 my folks were in the middle of a nasty divorce. My dad said I had to sign some papers to protect that money. I signed a contract lending him the money for 5 years. Judge stamped it. I was supposed to receive that money over 3.5 years ago. Things have been very estranged the last 8 years and no money has ever been payed towards what is owed. My dad is not the nicest of guys. Im at the point that I believe he has no intention to ever pay anything back and the clock is ticking on the 6 year rule.

I have no funds for a solicitor and not much know how in how to go about claiming this money.

many thanks for some thoughts
    Tags: None

Re: What to do

Hi,
    I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I've actually experienced the same issue.

How much is the money?
    When do you believe the 6 years runs out? In 2 and a half years?
    Have you written to your Dad reminding him of the order of the Court?

Cheers

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X