• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

I'd give them both numbers and put your request in writing, by registered post and keep a copy, also send an email and telephone them to confirm. You may receive documents from the finance company and you will need to cancel that too, I believe those forms come with a cancellation slip on the agreement.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi, how are you getting on with this? I've stopped doing the course now after completing one module and realising after now changing my job I can't afford it, plus with a young baby money is very tight... However, the company won't let me cancel and the finance company want their money so we are still paying £135 a month but desperate to get out...

Comment

• Is anybody misrepresented courses by Trades Gateway in this forum? I am the victim. These [edit] have come back. Warning for everyone. Also I need help how can I get rid of these people?

hi thomas, r u with trades gateway? pls let me know. I am gonna take actions against them. I will ring Action and fraud police.

Hi Jimbo. Ring Action and fraud police. also tell Financial Ombudsman Service. I have already inform them. hopefully they will help you out.
        Last edited by Amethyst; 24th February 2015, 08:47:AM.

Comment

Hi Bappi, You are going to have to qualify your statements with what's happened to you xx I have merged and edited your comments.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I would expect Trades Gateway to be a starting point for a career gaining basic knowledge of a trade before learning in a more practical way like on the job with a qualified trades person .

It probably suits more people than the ones who want to cancel for various reasons ot would pay anyone who is thinking of signing up to contact potential employers in the trade and ask if the Qualifications gained would lead to a job?

As a retired Builder/Carpenter and Plumber I learnt my trades on the job I don't think I read any books except instructions that came with things I fitted hands on is the way to do it .

Comment

bappi ... I rang the citizens advise bureau regarding issues but they just said basically that I've signed a credit agreement and the only way to stop payments would be if they didn't offer what they say..please let me know how you get on with all this... Desperate to stop payments! Has anyone almost completed the course?

Comment

I have tried getting in touch to try and restart the course but have had no replies either by post, word of mouth or by email. I am ready to try and apply to get my money refunded and the CCA cancelled but its hard to do anything if the company don't reply back.

Comment

Originally posted by bappi View Post
                  Is anybody misrepresented courses by Trades Gateway in this forum? I am the victim. These [edit] have come back. Warning for everyone. Also I need help how can I get rid of these people?

hi thomas, r u with trades gateway? pls let me know. I am gonna take actions against them. I will ring Action and fraud police.

Hi Jimbo. Ring Action and fraud police. also tell Financial Ombudsman Service. I have already inform them. hopefully they will help you out.
                  Hi bappi am victim aswell i have been trying to cancel my course as i was unaware about the loans. The advisory course has never mention to me anything about loans he only told me i would have to pay £50 fee and £25 weekly. And never told me about cancellation time he said to me that i can cancel anytime. He took advange of me as my english is not good. He didnt tell me that i was sign up a contract. He just said to me once he feild the sign here this is for the 50 pound fee.After i couldnt access the website they gave it to me. I have sent an email told them to cancel my course which i didnt even study due to not getting access. But they said to me i have pass the cancellation period. I was wonderning if anybody can help me with this.please

Comment

Hi there. I have similar problem i was wonderning if you could help me. I have already sent an email my about cancellation as i wasnt aware that i have sign up a loan which was mis sold. The course advisor that came to my house never told me anything about a loan. The only thing i was aware that i have sign up was the £50 fee apart from that i wasnt aware anything else. I had witness with at that who was their when i sign up. The course advisor has never mention anything about loan he only told me i have to pay £25 weekly and that i can cancel anytime. He also said**i will recieve the welcome package within 10 days which i didnt received until after one month. As i couldnt access the website they gave me. I have sent an email**to career finance ltd that i wasnt aware any of the loans. And that unauthorise loans which i was never aware about it. I wasnt aware that i have sign up the only thing i was aware the 50 pound fee. And he didnt give me copy of the contract. The only he gave me was a book and some dvds apart from that notthing else. My english is not really good i felt he took advantage of the. I was wonderning if you could help some how. Please

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Got it, it might be he only signed the top copy... but yes helpful if he hadn't, ............. can't see much in the way of terms or cancellation on there though.
                      If he's had nothing else through from them then I reckon he'd be okay to cancel, has he spoken to them at all ?
                      Hi there. I have the same issue the course advisor never mention to me that i was sign up for loan course. He told me that i was signing 50 pound fee and from now on i have to pay 25 poun per week.he also said i will get my welcome package and the course agreement but never recieve one. But they have sent me user and password which i couldnt log on their website. I sent an email to cancel my course but they said i have pass the cancellation period. I didnt even know how much the course was. Until i receive letter from career finance 4 trade saying i have to pay 4k full payment. I was wonderning if you could help me out.

Comment

I was on the point of signing up but went on to the Companies House website to check the status of Trades Gateway Limited. It looks like it is a dormant company which is strange given that the course promoter implied it was an active company. It has 1 share owned by one individual. I couldn't access recent accounts, presumably because it is a dormant company. I would be interested to see how the course fees are routed through the various interested parties. Pity because the course content initially looked ok. I would be very cautious about entering into a finance agreement with Trades Gateway Limited or any related party, which the finance companies might be.

Comment

hi all, im in the same situation as most of you trying to cancel my plumging course. i have sent a letter to finance compay as told by trades gateway which was a few weeks ago now and still have not heard back from them. ive tried to cancel payments with my bank as i thought it was direct debit but because they have my bank details it cannot be cancelled. can people please share their outcomes of dealing with this and how they are getting on many thanks amy

Comment

Hi,I am currently on a welding course with trades gateway,I Signed up last Nov.I am becoming more and more concerned about the legitimacy of them,I have been trying to find someone that has had success with these people' as far as training is concerned..I'm around £700 in at the moment and from the outset have had difficulties submitting work as access codes dont work..i have been waiting a week to submit my latest assignment,,the course is costing £145 per month with the actual loan being£6100.On reflection I feel I was given the hard sell when the rep visited my home' he explained there were only limited places i think he said there were 19 places and 34 applicants,which is why he was interviewing people,to see who would be the most suitable applicants,he then told me,he would contact me the following day to let me know if i was successful.I received a phone call the next day to say he had managed to get me on the course and he would visit me in my home, that evening so I could complete a basic maths test, at this point there had been no mention of fees or finance.He was very enthusiastic and had a tremendous sales pitch and success stories and the visit lasted a good couple of hrs,he then told me about the fees,which to be honest i felt disappointed, knowing I wouldn't be able to finance the course due to be unemployed a non home owner and my wife being on the sick.He then said he would run a check through the finance company they used and unbelievably,I was accepted!Since then I have completed the first basic module,which was 4 separate multiple choice tests and every time i have had difficulties with access codes,the latest being a week and still no luck,which in theory has cost me £35 for nothing.I have since looked around at other courses and have realized that this course, is not really what i believed it to be and will probably not provide me, with the relevant certificates I require.I feel I have been totally mislead and am now concerned about the amount of money I have already paid and from reading the comments will probably have to continue paying....so please if anyone is or has completed the course,it would be good to hear from you.

Comment

hello all

im finding this very interesting! having a flick through i thought maybe it would be 1 or 2 people with problems but im a quite shocked to see the amount of destruction this company seems to be doing.

today i signed up to this welding course i am now starting to regret this from reading the comments from you all.
                              the guy is due to come back to my house in a few days time to collect the 50 deposit

surly i must be able to cancel at this stage!

Comment

If you have any doubts please cancel if you are sure you are getting what you are expecting and a recognised qualification at the end and its worth the cost take it on its your choice.

You could go ahead with the meeting with no intension to signup and find out more about the course and get info in writing then take some time to think and get advice from local companies to see if they would give you a job after completing the course

The decision is off course yours but please be sure before you sign

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X