• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

hopefully this will be clear enough
    Attached Files

Comment

Is there a certain/official cancelation form/template that I would need to send to BrightSpark and Carnegie Consumer Finance to cancel the course because of mis- selling their course etc? or is it just whatever we draft up ourselves?

Thanks in advance

Comment

:duh:
        Originally posted by MrMuckells View Post
        hopefully this will be clear enough
        The pre contract information page says 14 days... I cant see a 21 days ?
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi @Amethyst its 14 days Ive just checked Ive completed my first 12 online modules through no help from the tutors as i was told i would be coached while distance learning

Comment

This is my main reason for wanting to cancel the course, Im ready to do my first set of practical test I done my pre attendance test which i was then informed they would be in touch within 5 working days to arrange my practical test, I give them nearly 2 weeks before contacting them as they still had not been in touch, but this was the straw that broke the camels back with me, After the promise of guidance and help via distance learning from the tutors which I've received no help at all, Ive asked BrightSpark if their reps that do the house visits earn a commission from students that sign up as this will explain why they fill people with false promises

Comment

Hi everyone I am wanting to cancel from trades gateway but don't know how to go about it. I haven't mentioned this to them yet.
              Its definitely not what I thought it would be like.

Comment

I feel like got sucked in by the sales pitch. The guy was telling me there were only a few places to go around every year, but judging from the number of people in this thread I take it that was a lie also. I am currently unemployed and have been since I signed up About 11 months ago. The other day after completion of module 08 they sent me three new books, when i messaged them about what to do the next they replied read the books then do the tma. It would take me probably another 6-7 months just to finish reading all three of them books and god knows how long for it all to sink in. When I started they told I would become an electrician in 12 months, so I have literally been living off nothing for the past year and i'm no closer now than I was when I started. That's when I found this site and read all the comments of people with similar problems. The support is nonexistent. I'm not that bothered about the money iv'e lost I just want out.

Comment

Were there not any practical lessons/experience with the course?

Do you have a loan or did you pay up front?
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I hadn't got round practical lessons. It's £125 a month

Comment

I think you may find you have a loan - do you still have any of the paperwork - pink bits? Stopping the course is easy. It is the finance that's the difficult bit.

Were practical lessons meant to kick in after you'd done a certain number of modules or anything ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

The only thing I got is a photocopy of the open learning course bankers order for career finance 4 trade skills ltd. The practical session are after module 11

Comment

Could you do a pic of it for me pls. Remove your personal details if you post on here ( or email me admin@legalbeagles.info )

As far as you are aware if you stop the course do you stop payments ? Or do you have to pay the full £5k odd regardless of whether you complete the course ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

i think I'm in the same situation as most people here on canceling
                            Attached Files

Comment

If that is the only document you were given when you signed up then you may be able to cancel. the cancellation period for consumer credit agreements doesn't begin until you receive your copy of the credit agreement.

Possibly ring CF4TS and ask if you have a loan with them?

This is just a letter used for someone else in a similar position, so it may not fit your circumstances and of course you should adapt it to suit your position. You would need to send a letter to both Marlborough ( to cease the course) and to CF4TS ( for the credit agreement).

Dear Sir/ Madam

[Reference: contract number if there is one or you name and address/student number?]

In July 2015 one of your salespeople came to my house and during the visit it appears I signed a regulated consumer credit agreement without anything being explained about the potential consequences of this. I have studied and passed 8 modules and am very disappointed with the service I have received from Trades Gateway (Marlborough Information Services). I signed up to the course because I was told I could study at home and through practical learning and I would be a qualified electrician within 12 months. This clearly was not true. Therefore I would like to withdraw from the course with immediate affect.

In addition the only document regarding financing of the course I was given was a copy of a "Open Learning Courses Bankers Order" . I was satisfied with this at the time as I believed I was simply signing up to a 'pay-as-you-study' agreement, where I paid £125 each month I study and if my circumstances changed I could withdraw from the course and would owe nothing. I am now concerned that I may actually have been signed up to a 3 year loan of £4375 - which was not explained to me and which I did not intend to enter in to. I understand that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 s.61a or s.63 provide that a copy of the executed agreement, and any document referred to it in, must be given to me. I was not given a copy of the agreement, executed or unexecuted, or any terms relating to the finance. I am hereby giving notice that I am exercising my right under the Regulations to cancel my contract with you.

Please confirm cancellation within the next 7 days and confirm that there is no liability from myself to either Marlborough Information Services or Career Finance 4 Trade Skills.

Yours faithfully,
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Amethyst, I have read, the attached threads with some concern, these loan agreements can be checked for validity against the consumer Credit act 1974 section 48 and 49 (a), also the FCA register on permissions for the loan company.
                                I assume each student made a request in writing for the loan company to attend their home, and more importantly clear information of such loan was provided on all the companies advertising material.

I would believe that any such regulated loans not complying with the above legislation are none enforceable, with students entitled to be recsinded of all monies paid.... maybe worth checking.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X