• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

Hi I started doing this course in October time, all the work has to be submitted from a tutor marked assignment disk which I've had 4 sent out to me now because ever single one has been blank, I come online to look into the course and found this page and obviously now I want to cancel, I seen a comment about looking on noddle.co.uk and it's says the only loan I have out in my name is for my car! Does this mean I can cancel my card and payments! It seemed a bit sceptical when a direct debit wasn't set up it was a standing order that got took out every month

Comment

Hi. I'm also in the same situation as alot of people on here. I have a new born on the way and have to save as much money as possible as I don't earn alot, I explained this to tg and then proceeded to talk about reduced payments which isn't helpful what so ever. So Ive done some homework on the company. And replied back to them

In the initial arrival of the so called sales man that came to speak to myself about the course didn't mention anything about finace or credit agreement !!. As was told it's a pay as you go course and can cancel at anytime during the course if any circumstances did in fact arise. Which is underlined as miss leading information !!.
      Also would like to state that my credit score is poor and there is no way in fact that I'm able to borrow upto £7145 from any finace or lending company, which now your asking me to pay for something which I havnt received !! Also finace doesn't come out as a standing order and no credit check was preformed.
      Also found out the course you are providing doesn't in fact give you the full qualifications that i was seeking but was told by your salesman it in fact does explain that ?
      Also being told I could be working as a full time plumber within 6 - 12 months when it's initially 12-36 months
      The salesman did mention there wouldn't be any contracts or anything tieing me into a credit finace as it's like going to college or university.
      I have contacted the police and Citizens Advice Bureau, Financial Ombudsman Service and my lawyer who's looking into all the paper work with further complaints from many others you have scammed into this so called college course your providing.
      I also have 3 initial witnesses that was present when this conversation went on between myself and your sales rep and are all willing to give full statements if need be to lawyers and police.
      I think it's sickening how you could leave a family that's in desperate need and struggling and offer reduced payments instead of doing the right thing ass an actually college or university would do and reinburst the finance company which is possible.
      Would appreciate if you do not contact me again

Kind regards

Comment

Hi all, first time on here, Iv recently signed on with trades gate way for the renewable energy engineer course and after reading all this forums I'm looking to cancel as its made me think it's not the right thing to do can anyone help?!

Thanks in advance

Comment

How long ago did you signup? There should be a form at the bottom of one of the documents they gave you to complete and send off to the company to cancel. You should send a copy of it to the credit company( if there is one) as well.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            How long ago did you signup? There should be a form at the bottom of one of the documents they gave you to complete and send off to the company to cancel. You should send a copy of it to the credit company( if there is one) as well.
            I signed up on the 13th of november 2015. And after doing research and finding out I've been scammed and also realising the qualifications I want I won't be getting which is a big upset. I'm going to send that again to them via letter recorded delivery with the cancellation form.

Comment

hi all,
              See my thread here....
              http://legalbeagles.info/forums/show...620#post627620

Comment

Write as long a story as you like.

itarc ? - I haven't heard of them. Do you have any of the paperwork they left you?

When you signed up with them for the course were you employed ? Did they do any kind of affordability checks at all ?
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

hi Amethyst, the course is £6600 and I've paid about 300. I signed up June last year and I stopped paying 2 months in as I realised it was a scam. I just ignored the mails threats hoping it would go away but it obviously isn't so I'm trying to do something about it.

I wrote to them saying no one has passed the course, I want to cancel and you give the money back to the finance company, also stated Iwas never aware it was a loan I signed and if I knew I wouldn't of and how it's impossible to become a fully qualified electrician 8 weeks and the response I got was pretty much we have had hundreds of people qualify and you can't cancel and if you do you will still owe all the money.

yes I was employed and yes I still am but I don't want to pay it, I shouldn't of signed it all I was just desperate to do something with my life! all documents I signed are the same as ones stated about.

no credit checks was done as my house is black listed andI tried getting a little loan before and I pretty much got a 'no chance' so how is this possible.

what would you say to do next? many thanks

Comment

Well some people have passed the course ( presumably - we don't know as you tend not to hear from people who have positive stories about TG )

The parts you want to concentrate on are misrepresentation - of the course and of the loan. The lack of affordability checks - that you were turned down for a small amount of credit previously demonstrates you should never have been offered a loan of £7k.

Do you have the credit agreement document? Does it have an address for the finance company on it?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'm currently not at home so I don't have the documents, I've also contacted the finance company and said no chance of cancelling so I'm just stuck now.

I'm going to citizens advice Wednesday. anything else you recommend I do? do you reckon it is possible to get put of this? I'm going to uni now next year so really can't be dealing with paying it

Comment

Hi

I would very much like to know how to complain and who to etc. I was in a debt management plan when that salesman came to my house and sold me a completely unrealistic dream. They've now started the default process of recovering the debt as I can't afford to make repayments, nor do I want to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                        Last edited by Amethyst; 17th June 2016, 13:00:PM.

Comment

Hi Batey

They take card payments, I've since cancelled mine but now they're all over me trying to get the money back from me. How did you go about complaint to them to get them off your back?

Comment

Hi i am in the same situation and looking to cancel does anyone have any good template letters?

Comment

Hi Sam,

There are template letters on the Citizens Advice and Financial Conduct Authority website. I've recently started my complaint but I'm getting nowhere with the college. I've used the financial ombudsman to complain to the finance provider 'career finance 4 trade skills'. You can also check the Financial Ombudsmans case database to see if there are any claims on there similar to yours that have been upheld. Don't get your hopes though, there aren't many that have won. If there is you can print the documentation off and use it to support your claim.

Comment

Hi VerinikaM

I'll ask [MENTION=6]Amethyst[/MENTION] to see if she can help.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X