• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

lost in posting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost in posting

hi, i don't know if anyone can help me, i'm new so don't know if i'm posting in the right place, back in march/april time i used a courier ipostparcel to deliver a package from merseyside to bedfordshire, the package contained a mobile phone, when filling out the posting form i had to say what was in the package and how much it was worth for insurance purposes, so they knew what they were picking up, the package was collected on the friday as arranged was due to be delivered the following tuesday, due to ir being a bank holiday weekend, anyway to say the least the phone never arrived, have rang them, written various email, filled out their complaints forms, and all i ever get is we will respond soon and that's it, don't know what to do now or where i stand with them, thank u :tinysmile_grin_t:
    Tags: None

Re: lost in posting

Hi,
    If you have receipts for the collection, write to the company asking them to return your property.
    Give them 10 days and if no response, start a small claims online.
    Here is the link
    https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online
    It lists costs etc but if you win your case costs should be awarded to you if you claim for them too.
    Hope this helps
    Johnaw:
    “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

hi johnboy, thank you for that, i have tracking emails, ie saying been collected, taken to preston sorting office etc, ok i will email them again, last email i wrote to them was nearly a mth ago and i threatened them with legal action then, but gave up assuming i wouldn't get anywhere, until my husband found this site offering advice, thank u again,:tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Hello and welcome.
        When organizing this did you select the "signature required" delivery option & obtain a tracking number?

Did you purchase an extended liability option as offered by this company?

If not the terms of their contract limit their liability to £25, and so it may not be worth the hassle of a court claim.

Have you complied with the limits set out in T&Cs for claiming?

Time Limits

17.1 We shall only be liable for loss of or damage to Consignments should –
        17.1.1 you notify us of the alleged loss or damage within 14 days of the
        date of delivery (or the due date for delivery). For the purpose of
        calculating the numbers of days referred to in this clause 17.1.1 the
        day of delivery will be the first day; and
        17.1.2 you make a written claim against us within 28 days from notification
        of the claim.
        17.2 Please note that such time limits are set in clause 17.1 so that we are
        able to fully investigate the claim as any delays may adversely affect
        our investigations and our ability to report to you on the alleged loss or
        damage.

They seem to have a poor reputation (but then you rarely see praise on the net) but you might find an email complaint to their CEO will work.

Comment

thank u des8, crumbs i can't remember what i did, i know i insured it although it wasn't a very expensive phone it's not the point, i can only but message them again and see what they say, i also have a list of times,dates and people whom i spoke to on the phone, + consignment number, and number i was given reguarding the complaint, il see what happens and let you know, thank you agagin for the advice

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X