• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Static Caravans & Holiday Parks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static Caravans & Holiday Parks

I would like to warn all consumers that if there is one thing you should avoid doing in life then it is buying a static caravan. WHATEVER YOU DO _ DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH A HOLIDAY PARK AND DO NOT BE FOOLED INTO THINKING IT IS A CHEAP ACCOMMODATION SOLUTION.

I have lost £20,000 in 13 months and this is the norm for buyers of new vans - they will sell you a front loaded credit agreement for a product that depletes in value more than any other product on this earth. I have incurred £9,000 interest on a loan of £24,000 in a year and I own a caravan whose trade value is now only £9,000.

Further more, my partner bought a second hand van that he now can't sell because the park where we live has changed it's sale policy.

He approached the park about a month ago because we have decided to leave this god forsaken place and they initially said there would be no problem selling his van for him. Now they have done a complete u-turn and told him that they can no longer sell vans that are over ten years old. This is strange as he bought the van off the park last year and it was 13 years old at the time. This has resulted in him having a van that he cannot sell because of it's age - despite the fact that it is in good condition. Additionally, all the while he remains liable for site fees of £370.00 a month. Apparently this policy change took place at the beginning of June and it does not apply to all the parks owned by the company. IS THIS LEGAL?

Can someone please advise we have both lost so much money that neither of us can afford to lose.
    Tags: None

Re: Static Caravans & Holiday Parks

Hi henryjack and welcome,
    I myself own a holiday home and was under no illusions as to the depreciation of the van unless maybe through a part ex deal.
    The contract that was signed for the year or however long the site opens I would think that contract must be adhered to on both sides. I am also sure that any major changes in the nest yrs contract must be fully made known before it is signed again.
    There has been a lot of new rules and laws made to protect people here is a link http://www.dsdni.gov.uk/caravans-act...ce-booklet.pdf which gives info for residents and holiday purpose vans.
    Hope this helps
    Enaid xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X