• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dreams Beds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams Beds

Hi,

I wonder if I could ask some advice.

i bought a bed at the end of March from Dreams on buy now pay January credit. About 5 weeks after purchase it started making a cracking noise on sitting down.

I contacted the customer services who sent around their delivery team to look at the bed, they stated that it made minimal noise and reported back to customer services. Dreams stated they do not view noise as a fault and so will not accept our refusal of the item of not being of satisfactory quality. The noise has got worse and today an " independent " examiner from Homeserve came to do an inspection.

He will submit a report to Dreams. He stated the bed is structurally sound but did hear the noise. I suspect when Dreams come back to me next week that they will again decline and state this is normal. We looked at the bed in two of their stores before purchase and neither had this noise. The reason we got a new bed was the creaking from the old one so the last thing we want is for this one to get worse and be as bad.

If Dreams reject our request what is our next step?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Tags: dreams beds

Re: Dreams Beds

Originally posted by Tonybmth View Post
    Hi,

I wonder if I could ask some advice.

i bought a bed at the end of March from Dreams on buy now pay January credit. About 5 weeks after purchase it started making a cracking noise on sitting down.

I contacted the customer services who sent around their delivery team to look at the bed, they stated that it made minimal noise and reported back to customer services. Dreams stated they do not view noise as a fault and so will not accept our refusal of the item of not being of satisfactory quality. The noise has got worse and today an " independent " examiner from Homeserve came to do an inspection.

He will submit a report to Dreams. He stated the bed is structurally sound but did hear the noise. I suspect when Dreams come back to me next week that they will again decline and state this is normal. We looked at the bed in two of their stores before purchase and neither had this noise. The reason we got a new bed was the creaking from the old one so the last thing we want is for this one to get worse and be as bad.

If Dreams reject our request what is our next step?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hi,

Well I ended up having to phone Dreams to find out the results as they failed to contact me. The report stated what I thought it would except no mention of the fact that the noise goes away briefly once you have sat on the bed and then comes back. This has lead Dreams to the opinion that he fixed it! This is not the case!

A manager has called me back today after I asked to reject the bed under the Sales Of Goods Act - "free from minor defects" section. Dreams have stated that their final position is that they are taking no further action and they are not accepting the rejection.

I am not happy with this!

HELP What can I do now?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X