• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Phones4U are liars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phones4U are liars

Morning,

I was wondering if someone could please point me in the right direction

In December I was offered an Upgrade by Phones4U which I gladly accepted. a short time later my New phone arrived in the post, i was delighted. A couple of days later, a second phone arrived in the post. I was pretty surprised and assumed a mistake had been made given the Christmas rush. I contacted Phones4U and found 2 contracts had been set up in my name by mistake, so i requested one be cancelled, gave the IMEI of the second phone and posted it back in the envelope the sent me. They then contacted EE and disconnected the handset I had retained in my possession. I contacted Phones4U, got the issues rectified and they posted me a new Sim Card and all was well... Until April.

April is where my current issue begun. I received a letter informing me the handset I had returned had not been received and they now required proof of postage or i would be liable for the cost of the handset. I contacted Phones4U via phone and explained the situation and that due to the 4 months having passed since returning the handset and receiving the call, I had lost the proof of postage. I was told that it was unfortunate but i was still required to pay for the handset. I told them I wouldnt be paying as I had posted it back in good faith. I told them if i wanted to steal it, I wouldn't have informed them of the second handset in the first instance. the call ended with me stating I wouldn't be paying a penny and the caller telling me that it was my problem.

Skip forward to yesterday, a letter arrives from the "Legal" department in the post saying I have 7 days to pay £500 for the handset or they will begin legal proceedings. It states that i WILL incur court fees and my credit rating WILL be damaged. Not 'may', not 'could possibly' but WILL. I am pretty sure this constitutes a threat.
    I have no concerns if they send Moorcroft or any of the other empty head debt collectors because they have no legal right to take anything without a court order and I'm not likely to be intimidated by a debt collector unless they send Goliath's big brother round.

What I need help with is the time it has taken them to contact me regarding this handest. Surely they can't leave it 4 months and then demand proof? Surely there must be a time limit. Royal Mail say proof of postage is only good for 3 weeks for insurance claims so P4U coming to me after 4 months seems unfair.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X