• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Loss of faith in seller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loss of faith in seller

Hi, I'd be extremely grateful for any advice that could be given to help me decide what to do next. Short story - a seller on ebay advertised a garden shed/workshop for sale. My husband telephoned to ask a few questions (including the date of delivery), and when these were answered satisfactorily he said that he would like to purchase the shed. Unfortunately, my husband did not return to the ebay screen to purchase it, but instead paid over the telephone. It was, however, purchased via paypal. The sum of £680 was paid for the erection and delivery of the shed. The payment was made on 27th March. The delivery was scheduled for 10th April. It did not arrive and no communication was received from the seller. My husband eventually managed to get hold of a driver via a mobile telephone - and he said that all the vehicles were broken down and there was nothing he could do. The next day we contacted the seller who apologised and said that the shed would be delivered on 19th April. We queried this date as it was Good Friday but were assured that the delivery would take place. Needless to say it did not arrive. We were unable to contact the seller as all telephone calls were unanswered. We started a claim with paypal in the resolution centre and the seller has until 2nd May to respond

The seller has since contacted us with a proposal to deliver the shed on 16th May. The problem is we are in dire need of the shed as our garage is about to be demolished and we need to empty it as the builders commence work this Friday. We only chose this particular seller as he agreed to deliver the shed at the beginning of April.

I know I will have to make other arrangements for the contents of my garage in the meantime, but I really need a shed asap. However, I have lost all faith in the seller. I simply do not believe that he will keep to his promise as he has already failed to deliver on the two previous occasions. The ideal scenario would be for him to deliver it this week - but I know this will not happen, but other shed manufacturers are asking 2-3 week delivery terms. If I agree to the 16th, I suspect I will be in the same situation as I am now - but two weeks on!! I can't make other arrangements as I do not know what paypal will do - and I really do not want two sheds!!

What are my rights? Any suggestions on how to 'encourage' the seller to keep to his promise or, even better, deliver the shed this week?
    How quickly are paypal likely to resolve this issue and would they look favourably upon me if I refuse the delivery date of 16th May? Your thoughts/advice would really be welcome. Thank you.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X