• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Tricky Return

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tricky Return

Hi,

I purchased an item on sale for £90 from an online seller.

It developed a fault after 6 days. I contacted the seller and they said they will pick up the item and process it for a replacement.

They picked up the item the next day, then after a few days said a replacement was no longer available and they would process a refund. I told them to return the faulty item back to me because it was just a cosmetic fault (1 dead light out of 100) and they were given it only to provide a replacement which they had failed to do.

They refused my request to return my item and processed a refund without permission.

The item is no longer available from them or anywhere in the UK. It was superseded with an updated version that costs £140 which is now the only item with the same features available in the UK.

I have now had to purchase the £140 item for my use.

Does this fit the case for "Loss of bargain" to recover the difference (£50 (=£140-£90)) from the seller in small claims court?

Thank you in advance.

"(i) LOSS OF BARGAIN

Damages for loss of bargain are assessable to put the plaintiff, so far as money can do it, in the same situation as if the contract had been performed."
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X