• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Disgraceful treatment by Amazon - Account Suspended

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disgraceful treatment by Amazon - Account Suspended

Here is an example of where the notes would appear:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Norton-360-2...rds=B008RS1OKM

Amazon themselves have the Buy Box but if you look below the price you will see:-

See more product details 5 new from £28.99

If you click on the 5 new, you will see Lee's listing appears with 5 other sellers including Amazon and that the Notes column is present. This is where our alleged breach occurred on another Product Detail Page. But as stated before if we had the Buy Box then buyers would rarely see these notes anyway and they did not contain any information aimed at directing the customer away from Amazon. This why their premise is nonsensical.

Interestingly, you have see Amazon have the Blue Buy Box on the Product Detail Page so naturally they will tend to get the sales even though they are not even the cheapest.

We were undercutting Amazon on a lot of lines but they just kept cutting their prices to try in an attempt to drive you out of the market. Another annoyance is Amazon do not actually show feedback or curry feedback from their own customers. Probably a good thing as I am sure they would have suspended themselves long ago for not meeting performance targets. :tinysmile_aha_t:

I am also concerned how we are going to claim against them for loss of profit and consequential loss arising out of this episode. We have a lot of electronics stock which should have been available for customers this Xmas and it will sharply devalue in the next 90 days.

Comment

Thought I should mention it just in case I don't post again, I suffered chest pains earlier this afternoon brought on by all this stress that this is causing. My partner asked if she should call the doctor. I said no!

Comment

Originally posted by Rhothgar View Post
        This is the text as initial post 1 which triggered the suspension:-

"Very good condition: Grade B This iPod is used but in very nice condition, the front is perfect but there is a slight ding on the back of the iPod. Nothing serious at all but it cannot go without mention. Comes unboxed with brand new genuine Apple USB cable and brand new genuine Apple earphones. If you are unhappy with the item upon receipt, please contact us to arrange a return for full refund in line with the Distance Selling Regulations. (For internal use only: 380502317077)"
        Could the jerks have objected to the reference to the Distance Selling Regulations which are - of course - not applicable to Luxembourg or the Duchy of Grand Fenwick?

Comment

My partner asked if she should call the doctor. I said no!
          Indeed an ambulance would be more appropriate
          I work for Roach Pittis Solicitors. I give my free time available to helping other on the forum and would be happy to try and assist informally where needed. Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any advice I provide is without liability.

If you need to contact me please email me on Pt@roachpittis.co.uk .

I have been involved in leading consumer credit and data protection cases including Harrison v Link Financial Limited (High Court), Grace v Blackhorse (Court of Appeal) and also Kotecha v Phoenix Recoveries (Court of Appeal) along with a number of other reported cases and often blog about all things consumer law orientated.

You can also follow my blog on consumer credit here.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
            Could the jerks have objected to the reference to the Distance Selling Regulations which are - of course - not applicable to Luxembourg or the Duchy of Grand Fenwick?
            Methinks not. Ebay are Luxembourg registered too but they still require us to conform with the DSR and we're happy to do so anyway. It's only fair that someone has the right to accept or reject the goods when bought online. Our view is if something is not new, then condition is entirely subjective. We could be visually impaired and the buyer have 20/20 vision. You ought to see some of the excellent condition second hand goods we buy in - it beggers belief at times.

I made it through the night so still here.

Comment

Glad to hear it.

You need to make some phonecalls/ write some emails today (020 8636 9200 ) , keeping calm and professional, and wheedle out exactly why your account has been suspended, whether the suspension will be lifted and when you can collect your stock.

Do you have a copy of the sellers terms/conditions/agreement etc you signed? Can you upload them on here.

If they refuse to speak with you to sort this out then you will need to send a letter before action to enforce return of goods or payment for the value of those goods.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I am absolutely snowed under today - thankfully - with business in run up to Xmas but also have some serious technical issues to sort out in the office.

On the agreement, you do not physically sign and I am sure, but no sure, if it is deemed that subsequent amendments to the original Participation Agreement are deemed accepted if you continue to trade with Amazon.

I am going to drop back onto this tonight hopefully if all issues are resolved here today. It's just one thing after another at the moment.

Comment

I've spoken with The Amazon Press Team just now. They are investigating as we speak......

*WAVES*

Let's hope they sort this dreadful mess out today :beagle:
                  "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

WOW! Many thanks.

Let's hope it does finally sort this dreadful experience out.

Spoke with Dennis Skinner MP earlier and he told me to write to local MP and ask Vince Cable to intervene and raise this general topic in Parliament. I'll hold off writing a letter for now.

Comment

Well. We've had a response from Amazon and we are still in shock.

They will release our stock but the reason given for this episode beggars belief.

We're going to need to speak with someone on the forum for informal advice on how to proceed but someone needs to be made to pay for destroying our business. Amazon will not reinstate our account now because of some emails I sent to customers after the suspension amongst other things asking them to leave feedback to increase the percentage of feedback received. This is not in line with their policies but I also became very upset with one customer because of all the stress I was under when they sent a rude email on 9th December harrassing us for an item they bought on 5th December which had an estimated delivery date of 10-14th December.

This was the email we received:-

"Why is my item not arrived yet??"

Response:-

Good evening.
                      I am sorry but we do not know who you are or what you have not received.
                      This is the first time we have heard of you and there is no order number with your enquiry or any other indication that you have
                      even purchased of us.
                      Please forward your Amazon Order number with the exact date when you have ordered and what exactly so we can find out who you are
                      and then we can find out where your item could be.
                      Kind regards
                      Sylvia"

Not worded particularly good but there was no reference to any order number in what then turned out to be an email from a customer.

This was met with a lovely:-

"The USB dongle I bought last Thursday or is it fake then, you better make refund if it's fake "

followed immediately by

"Are you fake on Amazon, the USB dongle I bought 16.99 where is it??"

It tipped me over the edge, I'm afraid to say.

So now Amazon are using that to refuse reopening our account but the initial reason they are now claiming suspended it is totally nothing to do with the item condition notes which they at first claimed was the reason.

Comment

Why don't you collect your stock and walk away from Amazon/
                        Is all the shite you will go through worth the chance that you might damage your health the next chest pains might not go away.

If your selling through your own website and Ebay concentrate on that .I would think taking on Amazon will be stressful and is it really worth it.

Comment

So now Amazon are using that to refuse reopening our account but the initial reason they are now claiming suspended it is totally nothing to do with the item condition notes which they at first claimed was the reason.
                          One can therefore be relatively certain that their latest story is also an untruth.

How much money does Amazon owe you?

Will they pay interest until they deign to release those funds?

When will they release your stock?

Comment

" Amazon will not reinstate our account"

Did you speak to them or was this via email ?
                            Have you discussed with them the stock held in their fulfilment centres?
                            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have to say some weight has been lifted off my shoulders this afternoon.

I would like to press the situation with Amazon as far as I possibly can because there is a moral issue here and it is necessary to make people aware of the risk they face doing business with Amazon I feel.

But you are right. Health is foremost at this point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                                One can therefore be relatively certain that their latest story is also an untruth.

How much money does Amazon owe you?

Will they pay interest until they deign to release those funds?

When will they release your stock?
                                It would appear not but I will be writing communications to drill down into that element of their reasoning as I know it to statistically be higher unlikely that it is true (in my estimation something like 1 x 10-30)

They owe me my stock for starters. A public apology on the front page of the times for libel and a couple of million pounds in compensation.

Honest answer is: I don't know but sense of humour is strangely and gradually surfacing though this may be something to do with watching Modern Life with Dave Gorman last night on the Dave channel. Very funny - did anyone see it?

I actually got a semi-decent night's sleep last night.

According to the Participation Agreement, we waive the right to any interest but I wonder about the loss of profit in the run up until Xmas.

Our stock is available to us now allegedly (though I have not tried to create a removal order as yet). However, as it is Xmas, they will probably not dispatch it to us until after New Year. Again, no good to us.

I would send a lorry down to collect it if they would enable that but our stock will be spread over many fulfilment centres and they would not normally allow this. It would be amazing if that could be achieved though not holding my breath.

Amethyst.

We received an email.

All will be revealed to those members of the 'Inner Temple'?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X