• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Sole trader has done a 'midnight flit'!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sole trader has done a 'midnight flit'!

Save your money, she has gone broke, what can you gain, nothing. Send her a message on facebook that your disappointed after 2 years, could not talk face to face. Chances of recovering money, next to nothing. Forget any solicitors or Court, will just cost you and get nothing back. They more than likely tried everything to keep business going but in the end, were losing money. Put it down to experience. As for facebook, that means nothing. It is bad enough losing your business, it doesn't mean they have to stop living. You can move on, they still have people chasing. Carry on with your lives, there's nothing to gain.

Comment

Agree with Smiley culture when I lost both my businesses luckily it was only banks a CC cards oi owed not people so I had no shame I lost a lot more than the debts I had I moved on unless the OP can get money back give in posting on facebook seems very childish and will get deleted

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Haddock View Post
        Wife paid £xxx upfront for a session of cosmetic treatments with a sole trader she has had a business relationship with for past two years.
        How (and WHY) did she pay in advance?

If she paid by credit card, she would seem to have a valid claim under section 75 (link) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Without the treatments, will she have to revert to using paper bags? msl:

Comment

Walesman and Smiley - what makes you think I'm going to post degrogatory comments on facebook? What would that gain me? What my wife & I are annoyed about is the disappearing act, the idea of just vanishing into thin air. That's what we don't approve of. I'm not expecting to get the money back though I intend to try. I also want her to know I've located her. And I now have a moby number. A few polite questions is all it will be and no threats.

Cleverclogs - She paid in cash. Reason? As state, 2 years friendly business relationship builds an element of trust.

I won't show my wife your last para, mate!

Comment

Moby number was of previous business owner who sold concern on. Next stop landlord and council but I think I'll wrap this thread up. If I find out who they are, well and good, and I'll ask them why the flit and if they can pay. If not, it's not a lot of money and I won't threaten on harrass them like the banks and others will no doubt do.

Thx for assistance given.

Comment

How something can be so misread, I only pointed out who can use facebook to make contact and point out how disappointed you were after 2 years and not told face to face. The more civil you are in my eyes the more the offending party feels. I have been on both sides and experienced good and bad. Forget it and carry on.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X