• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advise on threatening calls.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advise on threatening calls.

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
    Bloomin' 'eck, Charity. You been doing tests for ESP or something?

I personally have never been in trouble on this forum for 'inappropriate' posts. :lie:
    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
    gets his brain a-going.
    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post

I personally have never been in trouble on this forum for 'inappropriate' posts. :lie:
      Post amended. If my memory serves me correctly, the only times I have had posts removed was because personal info had been inadvertently posted in one and I called a bailiff 'scum' in another, during an online debate. But, then, what the bailiff said really did make me see red.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Post amended. If my memory serves me correctly, the only times I have had posts removed was because personal info had been inadvertently posted in one and I called a bailiff 'scum' in another, during an online debate. But, then, what the bailiff said really did make me see red.
        msl:

I was kidding, mate! (hence the 'pinnochio' smiley!)

Back a few years ago, they bumped me up to VIP as a bribe so as to curtail my more 'risque' posts.
        CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
        Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
        gets his brain a-going.
        Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
        The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

I called a bailiff 'scum' in another, during an online debate.
          And someone who really was scum objected to being compared to that bailiff?

Comment

Has the customer's partner described in what way the workmanship is defective? If he has not done so or refuses to do so, this may impact on any claim he tries to pursue. As for legislation, in addition to the Supply of Goods & Services Act 1982, the Civil Procedures Act 1998 requires disclosure and the parties to a civil claim to attempt to resolve their dispute without involving the courts.

The customer's partner is, in my view, treading on unsafe ground and needs to start engaging brain and complying with law, otherwise he may find himself the defendant and it may not be a civil court he may find himself appearing before.

As far as I know they haven't mentioned what part is defective as Steve has been dumbfounded as to what part they might be referencing.
            Def sounds like Steve has a case here. We just need to convince him not to cave and refund before we can do something about this horrible man.

Comment

Originally posted by Kittycat View Post
              As far as I know they haven't mentioned what part is defective as Steve has been dumbfounded as to what part they might be referencing.
              Def sounds like Steve has a case here. We just need to convince him not to cave and refund before we can do something about this horrible man.
              If the customer's partner won't describe the defective workmanship and let the tradesman in to rectify it, he isn't entitled to a penny in compensation.

Tell me something, Kittycat, are the customer and their partner relatively well-off? I have come across this sort of situation before. I first came across it when I was a policeman in Central London. The well-off would invent disputes to either avoid payment for work that had been done or obtain or try to obtain refunds for work that had been done and they were not entitled to demand. They could get quite aggressive and nasty when they couldn't get their own way, especially when either myself or my colleagues asked why they were refusing the tradesman access to inspect the alleged defective workmanship and rectify it.

Does this ring any bells?

Comment

This happened to a builder friend of mine with a guy about 20 years ago,he did a job and when the guy refused the final payment of about 4k the customer said im not paying,my mate then said if you don't pay ill take you to court ,the guy then tells him okay but im a barrister do you think you can beat me ,Result pal lost money,seemed it was a game for the barrister

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                  This happened to a builder friend of mine with a guy about 20 years ago,he did a job and when the guy refused the final payment of about 4k the customer said im not paying,my mate then said if you don't pay ill take you to court ,the guy then tells him okay but im a barrister do you think you can beat me ,Result pal lost money,seemed it was a game for the barrister
                  Pity he didn't report the barrister to the Bar Council. They wouldn't have taken kindly to that sort of behaviour and nor, do I doubt, would the Bar Standards Board, which now regulates barristers, as it tends to bring the profession into disrepute.

Comment

He didn't know he could report him,having been a general builder for over 20 years I know of a few builders stitched up by people in those days without internet forums like this we knew nothing about what we could do,i als know of a couple of guys who threatned violence to get their money a big guy with a sledge hammer in them days was quicker cheaper and easier than a CCJ

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                      Did he claim to be a barrister or a barrista? :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        Did he claim to be a barrister or a barrista? :grin:
                        Probably the latte. :biggrin1:

Comment

Hi Kitty

So he's getting abusive calls is he.. it may do Steve well to ask said yobbo if he is aware is that it is a criminal offence to swear and threaten on a telephone line.. and yes it is .. hence a call centre being able to terminate a call if the customer swears!!

Are we talking mobile or landline phone?

If it is a mobile number, Steve can have his number changed free as long as he hasnt had one in the last 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
                            Hi Kitty

So he's getting abusive calls is he.. it may do Steve well to ask said yobbo if he is aware is that it is a criminal offence to swear and threaten on a telephone line.. and yes it is .. hence a call centre being able to terminate a call if the customer swears!!

Are we talking mobile or landline phone?

If it is a mobile number, Steve can have his number changed free as long as he hasnt had one in the last 12 months.
                            Absolutely, Puff. It is an offence under Section 127, Communications Act 2003 (Misuse of A Public Electronic Telecommunications System) whether the abusive calls are made via landline, mobile or over the internet.

Comment

if you have a voicemail from the twerp, you may also be able to use this as evidence that he is being abused.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
                                if you have a voicemail from the twerp, you may also be able to use this as evidence that he is being abusive.
                                IFYPFY

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X