• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Convictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Convictions

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
    What is their exact question please Orangecat?
    The exact question is: Why is it only L&V are the only insurance company that only require the LAST FIVE YEARS convictions, all other insurance firms require one to disclose LIFE TIME convictions, bear in mind my offence occured 37 YEARS AGO. Don't I have any human rights? It appears that Abu Qatada has more rights than I do. I am a British subject after all, born and bred here.

Comment

There is supposed to be legislation coming into force this year requiring insurance companies to be clearer as to what information they require in order to make decisions about granting cover. I can recall, last year, when the television news interviewed a representative from the Association of British Insurers, it was abundantly clear the insurance industry didn't want it, but, then, the insurance industry has had it coming to it for a long time. Somehow, they even managed to have insurance contracts exempted under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977. There are times when, IMHO, the insurance industry is its own worst enemy.

The other major problem with the insurance industry is the Motor Insurance Database (MID). There have been cases where innocent motorists have had their vehicles seized and crushed because of insurance companies failing to update the MID within the statutory time-limit or sheer incompetence on the part of insurers. And when motorists have gone to claim against the insurers for their destroyed vehicles, insurers have attempted to fob them off with offers equivalent to only 10% of the retail value of the vehicle. The ICO has the power to fine data controllers up to £500,000, which insurers clearly are, and should not be afraid to hit insurers with heavy fines when motorist lose their vehicles due to an insurer's incompetence or failure to comply with a statutory duty.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi Orangecat.......can you please copy WORD for WORD what the question on your policy form says re convictions..the answer to that will define the best advice to give you. (not by me,,I'm just the cleaner round here,but one of the clever bods will be able to clarify for you)

Comment

Originally posted by orangecat View Post
          The exact question is: Why is it only L&V are the only insurance company that only require the LAST FIVE YEARS convictions, all other insurance firms require one to disclose LIFE TIME convictions, bear in mind my offence occured 37 YEARS AGO. Don't I have any human rights? It appears that Abu Qatada has more rights than I do. I am a British subject after all, born and bred here.
          Human rights have nothing to do with this - but the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act does! If the insurers are requiring what you say, then the answer has been given very clearly - you do not have to. AND SHOUTING AT PEOPLE and ranting doesn't change that answer. I see no reason why your ethnic origin has a thing to do with insurance.

Comment

I appolige for what appeared to be shouting, but my intention was to highlight the point that I am making>

The exact words are: - Have you or any other adult living with you ever been convicted of any criminal offence (other than motoring convictions) or are any procecutions pending?

One may add surely some motoring convictions are criminal? If so one may again ask, does one tick "Yes or No" ?
            Last edited by orangecat; 7th July 2013, 10:56:AM.

Comment

I appolige for what appeared to be shouting, but my intention was to highlight the point that I am making>

The exact words are: - Have you or any other adult living with you ever been convicted of any criminal offence (other than motoring convictions) or are any procecutions pending?

One may add surely some motoring convictions are criminal? If so one may again ask, does one tick "Yes or No" ?
              Are the convictions spent or not. If they are all spent then the answer is "NO". If they are not then the answer is "Yes".

Comment

One may add surely some motoring convictions are criminal?
                Riding an unlit bicycle after dark would be a criminal offence but it doesn't involve a motor-car.

Would that have to be included?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                  Riding an unlit bicycle after dark would be a criminal offence but it doesn't involve a motor-car.

Would that have to be included?
                  Other than being very dangerous, riding a bicycle on a road without displaying mandatory lights during hours of darkness is not a criminal offence as you can only be fined for that offence. A criminal offence will almost always carry a custodial sentence. I have yet to hear of someone being jailed for not displaying mandatory lights on a bicycle.

Comment

If it were CC riding the bike, that may well be considered criminal eep:
                    CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                    Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                    gets his brain a-going.
                    Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                    The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                      If I were riding the bike, it should be considered a miracle! :grin:

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                        msl:

Comment

I now have the spurious mental image of Cloggy veering wildly down a country road on a Penny Farthing scaring the beejeeezus out of anyone or anything in his path......I need to stay out of the sun :faint:..it plays havoc with my imagination

Comment

I expect the bad joke police will be chasing,with some of his jokey comments on here hes a prime target LOL

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X