• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vehicle Damage Liability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle Damage Liability

Hi All,

In need of some more expert advice I'm afraid.

Yesterday I was driving home, behind a truck belong to a local "scrap metal" company. As we descended down the local bypass, which is 60mph national speed limit, an object fell from the back of the truck.

Luckily I managed to swerve the object so that I did not hit it, but the car was splattered with what has turned out to be white paint. The whole front of the car, including the windscreen has hundreds of white paint spots all over it (the car is dark grey).

Once home we got in touch with the company and reported the incident. The lady asked if we had the registration number of the vehicle - which I didnt. I explained that trying to swerve the object whilst going 60mph and being splattered with paint was a bit of a distraction, but I was able to tell her the time of the incident and on which road the incident happened. She said that was ok and gave me the managers email address.

Upon contacting the manager, he appeared to be very sympathetic and asked for us to send him a couple of pictures for proof. We sent him pictures of the front, top and sides of our vehicle which clearly showed the paint damage but he is now saying that he is unable to do anything as we didnt get the registration number of the truck.

Can anyone advise on what I can do here? I fear that he may be correct in what he is saying but surely they track their vehicles? As mentioned I am able to provide the date/time of the incident and the location as well.

Obviously the paint doesn't come off, and I dont want to try too hard incase I damage the paint work on the car. As you may be aware from my other posts, I am currently looking to return this vehicle to Black Horse (it is on a hire purchase). Before I can return the vehicle I need to get this sorted, otherwise they will have good reason to charge me damage costs.

Any advice would be much appreciated
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X