• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

council to court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• council to court

I,m thinking of taking my council to court but don't know how or what to do they keep sending letters saying I owe them money for council tax but can never explain why can any one help with what to do
    Tags: None

Re: council to court

I would imagine that they keep sending you letters because unless you are exempt for any reason you are liable for council tax.

Comment

the thing being I have paid it already this is why I am moaning about them if I hadn't paid I could understand they cant even tell why I owe them the money

Comment

Then I would go down there with your proof of payments,and don't leave till you get it in writing that the bill is paid and you won't be harrassed any more,,Make sure you keep every single bit of paper.

Comment

Originally posted by avopaul View Post
          the thing being I have paid it already this is why I am moaning about them if I hadn't paid I could understand they cant even tell why I owe them the money
          How did you pay? You should have proof of payment, maybe from your bank if you used your debit card, which is the normal way to pay Council Tax, other than by Direct Debit.

You have to sort this out quickly, unlike other debts, with CT, they can easily obtain a Liability Order and send bailiffs round! :scared: In addition to the inconvenience, there will also be hefty charges on top of your tax liability.

Comment

The council i pay a debt to has on their website a section where you can check your Council tax account ,does the OPs council have the same?

Comment

Write to the Chief Executive (real paper, Recorded Delivery), setting out the situation. Make sure that you mention that you have previously asked for a full accounting, but received nothing.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X