• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Groupon - can anyone share any experiences?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groupon - can anyone share any experiences?

A friend of mine has been sending me email referrals from Groupon, you know the kind, where you recommend an item to a friend. There was an item there that sounded attractive so I went through the subscription process, only to find the item in question wasn't really available despite being long before the end date quoted on the site.

As expected, the emails now come in regularly and I mostly ignore them, however, I have seen an item that looks quite attractive at the quoted price. It's an expensive item (a DSLR camera with lenses). There is something about buying 'a voucher' for the item rather than the item. I was wondering whether anyone knows how this works, do you actually get what you order or do they come up with something like Groupon credits?

I'm just wary of sites that sell goods in a roundabout sort of way, wouldn't mind it too much with any of the cheaper items but I have also found those elsewhere. Has anyone one here bought something through that site?
    Tags: None

Re: Groupon - can anyone share any experiences?

I have used them twice once for a steam mop and the other for a meal.
    What happens is you see the deal and then you actually purchase what is called a Groupon a voucher with money off the product you are buying.

This is the info on how it works https://grouponuk.zendesk.com/entrie...-Groupon-work-
    and you have to read the small print as there are time scales involved both to redeem the Groupon and when the deal expires etc.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X