• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Scottish Hydro Gas Installation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottish Hydro Gas Installation.

Hello, I would like advice on the following situation please.

Approximately ( 1 8) Months ago i underwent compulsory alterations/additions to my Council owned flat... one being the choice of either Gas central heating or Electric heating, the representative at that time convinced me that i would be better with the gas central heating so i signed agreeing to this.

During and after this work ended i had time to reflect on whether to use gas as my heating source and decided against it as i have a card pay as you go meter for my electricity and quite simply being unemployed then and presently, cannot afford to use gas heating the electricity payment alone is a strain on my finances.

Subsequently from the day the gas boiler and meter were installed i turned the gas supply off at the consumer meter and have not used any gas whatsoever since.. and when the first estimate bill for gas used arrived i then called Scottish Hydro Gas to explain that i do not use their gas supply i was informed that i need to call them and give the meter reading. This i have been doing every time they send a estimated bill with an account of previous unpaid estimates still to be paid. This is a worry for me receiving a bold print bill for example the latest one for £390.72 albeit not a demand.

Finally i would appreciate if you could advise me on this matter.

Thanks
    pennypincher
    Tags: None

Re: Scottish Hydro Gas Installation.

A no reply forum? unless it's about parking tickets: Suspect just layman running this forum with both bedside cabinets loaded with reference books.

Addendum.... Could it be members are so shallow minded that one need's to bow then say; PLEASE I AM A NEWBIE I WISH TO SAY I LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH... IN INTRODUCTION. **** OFF.

REMOVE ME OH PLEASE FROM THIS SITE/FORUM
    Last edited by pennypincher; 12th February 2013, 21:25:PM.

Comment

Re: Scottish Hydro Gas Installation.

What the hell is Scottish Hydro Gas doing charging you for gas you haven't consumed after you have informed them you have shut off the gas meter, thereby cutting off the supply of gas? The only charge they could then legitimately make is the Standing Charge for the meter itself. Unless you agree with an estimated bill, to the best of my knowledge and belief, they cannot enforce them. If you are sending them meter readings, they should not be sending you estimated bills or asking for payment for such bills. I would recommend you speak to OFGEM and Trading Standards about this.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X