• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

faulty upholstry steam cleaner can i get refund .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• faulty upholstry steam cleaner can i get refund .

on 10/4/2012 i paid 1295 pounds for an industrial steam cleaner for my car valeting buisness it has been returned for repair 7 times and every time its in, its for 2/4 weeks at a time , it went back again on 21/9/2012 its now 7/12/2012 and still have not got the machine back ,I have lost faith in it and am worried when the warrenty ends i will be left with a machine that is going to be nothing but a money box . i have been very easy with the people i bought it from but i think its time somthing was done . can i demand a refund or what is the situation at this point .
    Tags: None

Re: faulty upholstry steam cleaner can i get refund .

This is a commercial purchase.
    It has been repaired 7 times without resolving the problem.
    During those 2-4 week periods, it has not been available to you.

When was the first repair?
    Was it the same defect/repair each time?

The goods are not of acceptable quality. Your immediate course of action is to try for a replacement, or a refund if you feel lucky. If either are refused (which, in the circumstances, seems likely), then your remedy is damages.
    Last edited by enquirer; 8th December 2012, 20:55:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
      This is a commercial purchase.
      It has been repaired 7 times without resolving the problem.
      During those 2-4 week periods, it has not been available to you.

When was the first repair?
      Was it the same defect/repair each time?

The goods are not of acceptable quality. Your immediate course of action is to try for a replacement, or a refund if you feel lucky. If either are refused (which, in the circumstances, seems likely), then your remedy is damages.
      the first repair was after 3 weeks all repairs after have been different faults .

Comment

No expert but I understand that the sale of goods act still applies to commercial purchases. If this was the case then a fault within the first 6 months would be deemed as a fault at point of purchase. The normal course of remedy would be repair, replacement or refund. The issues have obviously continued and the faults within the first 6 months would be the retailers responsibility to prove that the fault was through misuse (unless apparent). Obviously the goods are not fit for purpose. At this point I would suggest trying to return the goods physically and rejecting them on the basis of non conformity of the contract of sale as you have given reasonably opportunity to rectify the goods. You would likely at the end of everything get your money back with a reduction for the usage. This could be by agreement or by pursuing the matter through the courts. I am not sure how returning the goods would affect your situation though with the possible temporary outlay for replacement equipment.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X