• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Car Worse After Service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Worse After Service

Hi, can any one assist?
    ]I have just had my car serviced at a local independent garage.
    It had a full service and new exhaust system.
    After paying, I stared the car and the engine fault light came on (it did not before)I went back to the reception thay told me i should drive the car for 3 day to see if the fault would go,if not then come back! They could not check the fault as the light was flashing and not "on steadily". They then said i may have to take it to a Dealer if the light is still flashing in 3 days.
    My questions are:
    Should I have taken the car (it a bit late now, it know)?
    Can I tell them that as the light was not on when i gave them the car, it is there problem to take to the main dealer?Where to I stand with my rights as the car is now worst then when i gave it to them?

Thank for your help in advance
    Last edited by Celestine; 2nd June 2011, 20:50:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Car Worse After Service

I would definitely get the code read, it's probably an air flow problem, or exhaust sensor problem...hence the flashing. I've had a couple of these in the past

Comment

Re: Car Worse After Service

Originally posted by steveori View Post
      I would definitely get the code read, it's probably an air flow problem, or exhaust sensor problem...hence the flashing. I've had a couple of these in the past
      Being a retired Auto Spark nearly 50 years experience I tend to agree with steveori

it is possible the exhaust sensor is not quite "sitting" properly or "may" have been damaged when the new exhaust was fitted,

Sparkie

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X