• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Aviva Insurance Company

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Aviva Insurance Company

Originally posted by Garlok View Post
    Agreed CC. I can't find it now but when I first tried to study the Lisbon Treaty manuscript I am sure it says somewhere in there that as EU citizens we are entitled to discuss any "call centre" matter with a call centre located geographically within your own country and with an operative whose FIRST language is that of your own native language.

In fact it was the aggressive threatening "holier than thou" behaviour of Indian call centres most of whom could only read a script and did not speak English at all that started us off the road to exercising our consumer rights.
    I have been spared that sort of ordeal but, even when the call centre worker does speak and appear to understand English, there can be no certainty that information of any defect of fault by the company will be passed on.

My experience of this was when my broadband provider was a certain devilish company now owned by C&W. On one notable occasion, the service was down so I telephoned their putative "help" number to report the problem and/or to ask for their best guess of how long it would take to fix; I was told that I was the first to report the problem (it later turned out that I wasn't) and that it should be fixed in a few hours. A few hours later, the service was still down and, to my astonishment, I was told exactly the same thing by a different call centre operator - that it was the first they'd heard of the problem and that it would take some hours to fix.

On another occasion, the same problem had been claimed by the call centre operator to be due to "bad USB modem drivers" on my system, even after I had told him that I did not use a USB modem any more; after agreeing with that moron that I had changed the modem drivers - the fib was essential for him to get to the next stage of his script - he then told me "Well, sir, it will be necessary for you to to reinstall Windows!". I thanked him and ended the call, but just waited a few hours for them to fix the fault with their servers.

I do not know whether it is due to their training, or their culture, or both, but such call centre operators utterly refuse to admit their employers could ever be at fault. They are, however, not usually uncivil - which is more than may be said of some operators in UK call centres.
    Last edited by CleverClogs; 23rd May 2011, 14:08:PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost demerged

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X